Fireskull - Down, but not out.

Soldato
Fireskull, hope your doing good mate, get your ass back on a bike!

Mine has just been put under her cover, weekend job is stripping it, few issues. Such as top coolant res spits when the bike is hot (pressure from somewhere), which leaves nasty little drops that dry white all inside the screen. Another is rear tyre is bald and mainly the oil breather still leaking :(

None the less, get your ass back on a bike!

ags

Soldato
Back from hospital today!!

God damn im sore, damn bone graft hurts a lot! cant really do much moving without it hurting, even laughing can cause agony lol
Arm aches today but glad its not the pain I had last night on the Ward, Bled in the night too, soaking my cast and pillows :p

Associate
Welcome home! I'm hoping the pain subsides relatively soon and you have enough drugs/beer to make that time go easier. How long do they expect recovery to take?

Soldato
Cheers Griffo! Im back to hospital in 2 weeks to get the stitches removed from my side and arm and maybe get a new cast for 2 weeks, but they said around 8 weeks recovery! Ill feel a lot better once these stiches are out my hip lol

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

73195_487775601411_502191411_6907671_5846142_n.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Well after 18(ish) Months I have been given the all clear from the hospital :D

The plate has done its job and my bone has fused together!!
I still get some pain/aches in it but as the doctor said it still takes a year for the bone to get back to full strength, but at least there's no brakes or gaps anymore!

I have still lost a slight degree of rotation but it wont impede my life :p
My knee still clicks and crunches like an old man so I might pay for some private physio to see if they can improve it.

But overall i am pretty happy :D now to raise £11k for an S1000RR....

Soldato
Glad you're better.

Makes me feel lucky with my accident in 04. Broke my ankle in 3 places and smashed my hand up quite badly. Metal plates in the hand and metal cage on my leg. 6 weeks of plaster for my hand and 4 months for the leg, removed it and walked out of hosp then went out for a ride the same evening :) never any aches or pains in both, although my ankle clicks LOTS :)

Wife got took out, hurt her shoulder when falling but no breaks etc. 2 years of pains, fatigue and mobility issues etc.

Back
Top Bottom