Battlestar Galactica Online

Associate
Hello chaps,

Is anyone else playing this game? It went open beta a few days ago and it's pretty good fun, you can choose to be human or cylon and it's free play and browser based! You only need to install a tiny program and then you're ready to go, you can be registered and playing in about 2 minutes.

It is similar to Eve in some respects, skills train in a similar way but you do actually have a character that can walk around outposts and Galactica to pick up missions and buy/upgrade weapons etc, though you won't see any other players when you are docked, only when you're flying around do you see others. Mining is a core part of the game also, upgrading/buying things often requires tylum and large amounts of it.

Graphics are surprisingly good as is the music and sound effects, i've only been playing a couple of days but get the feeling that it's designed to be a slow progressing game.

PvP is a big part of the game as the universe consists of an array of sectors which can be attacked and taken under control by either faction, so there are constant battles raging to maintain control.

There are three eu servers and two american, i did try one of the eu but found it was full of frenchies, so moved over to a us one with a friend.

If you like eve and battlestar galactica then you'll love it - http://us1.battlestar-galactica.bigpoint.com/

I'm on Scorpio server, a human and my name is Moustachio, give me a shout if i'm on and i may be able to answer some questions. Though there is much that i don't know myself.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I found the flight model too sluggish, steering was like flying through treacle, it didnt capture the feel of the show for me.

The manoeuvreability is somewhat sluggish I agree, however I'm hoping this is something that can be improved with levelling up skills and Equipment. The cylon ships also have an advantage in this area and are far more agile than human ships.

Soldato
Will try this out later, I have just recently been watching battlestar galactica (season 2 atm) would be interesting to how they have made it into at game you cylon or human?

Soldato
Whoops missed that bit out, I'm a human.

Guess i will have to shoot you down muahahha! these controls are tough flying cylon ship atm, I will make human to see what there like, will add you when im on later

Last edited:
Associate
I've been playing this for a while now and I think it is great, it is improving all the time. They still have a lot of work to do with regards the story and missions but it is good enough that I have not even installed Test Drive Unlimited 2 yet which has been on my desk for a few days now :)

Soldato
Dont feed the trolls :)

Is the game laggy for other people? Like when you turn the Viper is takes a second or 2 to move. Just wondered if its my crappy connection or the game.

Associate
OP
Dont feed the trolls :)

Is the game laggy for other people? Like when you turn the Viper is takes a second or 2 to move. Just wondered if its my crappy connection or the game.

Don't worry I was having the same problem yesterday. It made dog fighting incredibly frustrating as I couldn't bloody turn around to shoot at them! I died about twice, then rage quit before I smashed something.

Associate
I was impressed with what they had achieved in the browser, but the actual gameplay itself, sluggy laggy and unresponsive, and equally unclear as to what and where you were supposed to go / be doing!
Gave it a few tries and gave up!

Back
Top Bottom