Dragon age 2 demo now on XBL....

Soldato
Downloading now. Cheers.

I never played the first one, hopefully I wont need to play the 1st one to understand this one.

Soldato
Aaaaaargh! I'm visiting family and recovering my Live account takes FOREVER due to achievements etc. Does anyone have a 48 hour gold code I could nab to download this? I'll love you foreverrrrrr... ;)

Caporegime
When this started up, I thought "Eugh, more of the same. Those textures are crap!" but I can see now they've taken some tips from the Mass Effect team. The combat seems much better. The dialogue is presented using the same wheel/options as ME.

Soldato
Just tried it.

Wow this is not Bioware. It's as if EA shoved some of their own members onto the job, told them to do it and then put the Bioware tag on it.

It's just for the $$

Associate
Seems like there is mixed thoughts. I'm probably going to miss the demo, mainly due to a lot of work at the moment, and Ill see how the game actually is like before buying it.

Associate
I thought the console version of Dragon age was awfull last time around. It was a really poor port from the PC.

With a mouse and keyboard and a baldurs gate/neverwinter nights style viewpoint it played and looked a lot better on PC (IMO).

Still going to try the demo though.

Soldato
You'r visiting family and have taken your Xbox...:D

I have PM'd you a 48HR code

Thanks, Moogleys! It's my dad's xbox that he got for Christmas, but hasn't played it yet, LOL. In the end I actually recovered the gamertag (which didn't take anywhere near as long as it has in the past... looks like MS have made some improvements there!), so if you haven't binned the code card then keep it for another helpless soul! :D

If you've binned it, I can send the code back to you. Just say the word.

As to the demo itself, well... I don't know. The voiceovers were just acceptable, and the visuals are well below the standard of the original. Hell, even the models for the Darkspawn grunts look like a low-rent ripoff of those we saw in Origins. It looks and feels like a rush job.

The combat takes some getting used to, but once you realise that it's just a reorganisation of the hotbar system it makes a bit more sense. Still, it just doesn't feel right for me.

Disappointed, and I don't think this is going to be a day one purchase for me anymore even though I loved Origins. I'll wait to hear opinions from critics and see a bit more of the game in action on the PC before I fully decide.

****SPOILER WARNING****

And, for those who have finished the demo... is the dragon shape shifter supposed to be the Flemeth? As in Morrigan's mother? If so, how are they getting around the fact that you may have chosen to fight and kill her in Origins (or am I not remembering it correctly and you didn't actually kill her in the battle)?

Associate
And, for those who have finished the demo... is the dragon shape shifter supposed to be the Flemeth? As in Morrigan's mother? If so, how are they getting around the fact that you may have chosen to fight and kill her in Origins (or am I not remembering it correctly and you didn't actually kill her in the battle)?

This takes place before you could go back and kill her in the first game. Also, it is implied that she actually wanted you to kill her and isn't dead due to being able to switch bodies and all that.

Anyway, I thought the demo was good. Combat took some getting used to but mages are still awesome.

Soldato
I quite liked it tbh.

Oh and Flemeth wasn't dead by this point, it's just after ostegar. Also i'm of the opinion that she is orchestrating everything that's happening in the DA games...

Soldato
OP
If you've binned it, I can send the code back to you. Just say the word.

Still have the card mate cheers

Just had a go at the demo myself and well it's ok I suppose. I found the Demo quite boring walk hack walk hack, another wave yawn, Big ogre thing.. Bored.... Hopefully it will get better but so far i'm not really feeling it tbh. It took me a good few hours to get into Dragon age so hopefully this will open up and turn into something special.

Back
Top Bottom