BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
I got mine installed on the 10th, by the 19th id easily hit 270gb and am now waiting it out for the counter to reset for next month

It wont be this bad every month but i had a fairly long backlog i was chewing through slowly on my previous 2mb (never in a million years!) adsl connection from O2

As for performance, torrents are shaped regardless of if you have hit your cap or not. Everything else is fine and to be honest it hasnt really bothered me so far as i run utorrent on my hp mediasmart box thats on 24/7, compared to what i had previously this is pretty awesome but its not hard to beat since i wasnt even able to watch low res clips on youtube without allowing the entire thing to prebuffer

Actual line performance came out higher than was quoted too
1151409362.png

Associate
I would love it but i doubt I will see it until post 2015 in my area even with 5k houses in the exchange area as we are still on 'ADSL MAX' which is unfit for purpose with 4-5 people using it.

Associate
I think there is a problem with my bt infinity. The engineer said it was synced at 37Mb/s but I'm only getting 15 atm.

I should ring them up soon but I'm not complaining, I upgraded from 56kb/s to 1.5mb/s.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I think there is a problem with my bt infinity. The engineer said it was synced at 37Mb/s but I'm only getting 15 atm.

I should ring them up soon but I'm not complaining, I upgraded from 56kb/s to 1.5mb/s.

What does the BT speedtest report?

Associate
+1 hehe. Infinity are coming to me next month though (fingers crossed). I am slightly skeptical though because the date has been pushed back twice but on the upside I have seen quite a few BT vans around recently :D

Soldato
If people are waiting for it and have a rough date from samknows or bt site, I would keep checking as my sisters wasn't meant to go live until March 31'st and she had it fitted last week, she doesn't know how long its been live though but she is the first one in her area connected to it.

Associate
I can get BT Infinity where I am since June last year but I've held off so far. Really want to know what Be are going to charge for FTTC before making a final choice, but it's so tempting knowing that I could get 40+mbit speeds compared to the 3.5mbit ADSL I currently have.

Only thing that scares me is the pricing of other ISP's that currently offer FTTC services compared to BT. 35+ quid a month and you have to buy your own equipment...

Soldato
+1 hehe. Infinity are coming to me next month though (fingers crossed). I am slightly skeptical though because the date has been pushed back twice but on the upside I have seen quite a few BT vans around recently :D

same, 31st march is what they have on their website for my exchange. I also saw a lot of digging up near my cabinet so hopefully fingers crossed.

Soldato
If people are waiting for it and have a rough date from samknows or bt site, I would keep checking as my sisters wasn't meant to go live until March 31'st and she had it fitted last week, she doesn't know how long its been live though but she is the first one in her area connected to it.

how did she know it was available if the bt infinity website still says 31st March.

Soldato
hmmm fluff, i just googled BT Wholesale checker, and entered my phone number:

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 32Mbps and upstream line speed of 6.8Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

Thank you for your interest."

This means its ready?

Back
Top Bottom