BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
In an earlier post, somebody has clearly stated that DGM will not be getting any new parts and that they are basically fobbing you off with excuses.

Some of you have waited weeks/months. A decade could go by and you still wont get your fixed monitor, because parts are no longer available.

From what I understand, if DGM have the parts and the monitor can be fixed, you will get your fixed monitor delivered back to your home, in reasonable time. But if they are "waiting for parts", you may as well ask them not to bother fixing it and instead, give you a different monitor. "Waiting for parts" means, "We do not have the parts for your monitor. We are never going to have the parts to fix your monitor. We are never going to fix your monitor. And we hope you eventually buy a new monitor and forget about the broken monitor you sent to us."
I've not read much of the previous 172 pages ;)

I've just had a call from Digimate head office, and they are sending me a replacement new 23" monitor. They have no 24" screens in stock. Fob off, maybe. But a 23" is better than nothing.

Soldato
I've just had a call from Digimate head office, and they are sending me a replacement new 23" monitor. They have no 24" screens in stock. Fob off, maybe. But a 23" is better than nothing.

Thats actually a good result.

However, if I were told by DGM that we are "waiting for parts", that would've clued me in to thinking that this monitor is not fixable.

What I would suggest that if anybody gets the, "waiting for parts" excuse, tell DGM that you are not prepared to wait as you are relying on this monitor. And that you want a replacement monitor. They will probably send out a 23" TN monitor, but at least you should have a working product in your possession.

Associate
Successful resolution to this. After two failed deliveries where the monitor was 'lost' by the courier, I have just received a replacement 23" monitor direct from Digimate. :)

Soldato
Anyone know if this arm will work with this monitor?

Ergotron MX Desk Mount LCD Arm - Mounting kit ( articulating arm, desk clamp mount, grommet mount ) for LCD display - aluminium - polished aluminium - screen size: up to 30" - mounting interface: 100 x 100 mm, 75 x 75 mm, 200 x 200 mm, 200 x 100 mm

Soldato
From what I remember the monitor definately had either 75mm or 100mm VESA holes in the plastic. However I've no idea if the actual metal inside has corresponding threaded holes that are required for such a mount.

Just measure the distance between the holes, I espect it will be 75 x 75mm. Someone else could maybe confirm if the holes inside beyond the plastic are threaded or not. Or just take the back off or use a torch to confirm.

Associate
Just thought I'd throw in that I have 2 or 3 of these monitors, all running absolutely fine to date. I also had 2 with a silver bezel (Yuraku branded), both of which went kaput a few months ago.

Soldato
I have the DGM VA monitor (bought about 4 years ago).
I also have a Dell u2311h (ips screen).

The DGM VA monitor, beats the Dell IPS monitor when displaying movies. Colours are richer and images look prettier. I can't comment on gaming.

The 16:10 aspect ratio of the DGM beats 16:9.

The IPS screen beats the VA screen, when displaying text. It is unbelievably sharp.

I cannot comment on the 27" Hazro screen as I do not own one.

Associate
How do these monitors compare to new IPS screens?

If I come into 400quid I would be looking into buying one of those Hazro 27 inchers.

Hi There,

I have gone from the DGM to Hazro (Non Glass) big improvement in Contrast, colours and sharpness. Should get a bit of an idea from the image below:

DSC_8242-2.jpg

Associate
SadSmiley.svg

So my replacement for this monitor I originally bought almost 4 years ago has also gone kaput, and it's virtually impossible to find any of these around now :(

Things I loved about this monitor:
+ VA Panel
+ 16.7m colours
+ 180/180 viewing angle
+ 1920x1200 resolution (WUXGA)

Does anyone have recommendations for a cheap replacement preferably to the above spec or similar?

Tanks.

Associate
Things I loved about this monitor:
+ VA Panel
+ 16.7m colours
+ 180/180 viewing angle
+ 1920x1200 resolution (WUXGA)

Does anyone have recommendations for a cheap replacement preferably to the above spec or similar?

Tanks.

You can get a Dell UltraSharp U2311H for £200 but the resolution is 1920x1080, is an IPS panel (which is normally better than a VA Panel I think), viewing angles of 178 degrees.

It gets pretty good reviews.

Back
Top Bottom