What's the worst food mistake you've made?

Caporegime
Yesterday someone from work brought in with him a hot chilli sauce called Ghost Pepper, a small drop of it on my little finger then into my mouth saw me crying from the eyes/nose and all my sweat glands, my stomach took 3hrs to stop hurting and burning.

Never again.

Soldato
Tried to make a savoury cake a few days ago. Not quite sure what happened but the oil didn't combine with the flour properly and it ended up essentially being a lump of very oily dough, which started frying when I put it in the oven, with the oil bubbling around the edges of the dish it was in. I had to pour it off a couple of times while it was cooking :confused:

Still, tasted kind of nice once I'd got rid of some of the oil and let it cool :)

Other than that I don't think I've ever managed to make any really embarrassing mistakes!

Last edited:
Permabanned
This didn't happen to me, I like to think i can cook :)

My flatmate had never cooked anything more than a potnoodle before coming to Uni, so he thought most stuff was cooked by boiling. Including chicken nuggets.

Yeah. :D

Associate
About 2 years back. More of an accident.

Had about 5 friends round for dinner. Decided to make a big shepherds pie.

Everyone was sitting at the table overlooking me cooking away. Put the mince in the dish, everything was going well. The red was flowing and i was feeling a bit tipsy.

Removed the first pot (was a big pie) of mash from the hob. Put it on the pie, everything was going well.

Removed the second pan and the handle fell off. Splat all over the floor. Mash everywhere, on the floor, doors walls, what a nightmare.

We had to make do with lots of mince, a tiny bit of mash and bread.

Shocking. The end

Soldato
Decided to cook a steak rare which was 2 or 3 days past its use by date and had been already opened, I threw up literally 15-20 times in a 8 hour period (there wasn't actually anything left to throw up after the 4th or 5th time), I've never felt so bad in my life. The vomitting was so violent I burst the capillaries under my skin on my face and it looked like I had a rash for about a week.

I stictly never eat meat any more that's past it's UB date :p

bJN

bJN

Soldato
This didn't happen to me, I like to think i can cook :)

My flatmate had never cooked anything more than a potnoodle before coming to Uni, so he thought most stuff was cooked by boiling. Including chicken nuggets.

Yeah. :D

You and the orange and pink kebabs has to be one of the WORST things I've ever eaten :p

Soldato
I tried to make garlic fried rice once. I TOTALLY failed. It came out the microwave like a congealed lump of something best not mentioned on a family forum, and didn't really look any better after several minutes of smashing it up in a frying pan with a spoon. Oh, and it didn't taste of garlic at all.

Associate
Came in from the pub and decided to have a lamb chop, popped it in the oven...then forgot about it.

It came out black, shrunken to about half its original size and solid as a stone.

It wasn't very nice.

Back
Top Bottom