Got some new wheels...pics enclosed.

Caporegime
Don't think they're too bad! Unfortunatly there isn't much choice for Ford cars. I've got the 18" style of your originals on my mondeo and it's very tiring on crap un even roads.

Soldato
Think if they were in a diamond cut like the originals were they would look better! But if they improve the drive then that's the main thing.

Soldato
I'm all for what you've done in theory, but they look minging! I doubt they'd look that brilliant even if the colour (which is the worst part) was changed either.

Would it not have been possible to get some 16" wheels like they fit on the ST in other countries?

Soldato
OP
The tints are dark but the car came that way from the factory...Ford privacy glass, notoriously dark! I'd prefer them to be a bit lighter if I'm honest, possibly a bit too dark and a bit gangster looking..but that is how it came.

As for white wheels, looks great on a rally stage but a total pain to keep clean and they tend to yellow over time. I have some ds2500 pads going on soon which are pretty dusty. Gets too much of the wrong type of attention too, these stand out far less.

I take very mild offence at someone saying these wheels look cheap :p as they weren't...this particular wheel is used on various btcc cars and many rally cars on the continent, braid are a quality wheel maker comparable with the likes of speedline, compomotive, oz etc. Not your ripspeed tat!

Soldato
OP
If they were Speedline for example, probably a good kg or 2 less per wheel, but Braid Winrace, who are they? they're probably heavier:p

Go to www.braid.es/wheels and have a good look at who and what braid make wheels for. I'll start by saying they were the exclusive wheel provider for the Peugeot sport France team when they were running the 207RC rally cars...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom