*** ASUS UK P67/H67 swap out details finalised ***

VoG

VoG

Soldato
ASUS UK have final released details of the swap out process for owners of B2 P67/H67 boards.

ASUS UK said:
Starting from Monday 28th March 2011 running until June 30th 2011 ASUS will have REV 3.0 B3 replacement Sandybridge motherboards available and will begin to provide the replacement motherboards for swap directly to the consumer, after June 30th 2011 standard warranty procedure through the original place of purchase will apply.

http://asus.co.uk/sandybridge_swap/

so there you have it, a 3 month window with ASUS UK, after which, your back to your original supplier.

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
I was going to wait until mine broke but I think i'll do it in the window as it seems like it'll be a lot easier!

i'll do mine around Mayish, don't use the affected ports so there's no rush for me, besides, if Z68 is coming out around then i might well just buy one of those & bung the P8P67 B3 board i get back in the MM, be a cheap upgrade that way.

Soldato
So is there any word on whether we'll be able to simply return the boards for a refund, either directly to Asus or via the retailer?

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
So is there any word on whether we'll be able to simply return the boards for a refund, either directly to Asus or via the retailer?

i can't see Asus giving out refunds, least wise not in the UK, & if your outside 28 days, i can't see the retailer giving out refunds either, especially not now Asus have said how & when & at what cost to the consumer the boards will be replaced.

Soldato
This is a farce and merely reinforces my already low opinion of Asus and their P67 boards in particular.

Going to order a Gigabyte B3 board to replace it then sell the replacement Asus when it gets swapped out.

Caporegime
7-10 days is a bit off a urinetake, whats to stop them sending out the motherboard and having the courier collect the old one when he's delivering the new one? Ive had a few monitor rma's in the past that offer this service and those screens cost a lot more than this motherboard.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
There is a space on the form for 'Notes', so I suggest that everyone who completes it makes a request for an advance replacement.

It probably won't make any difference at all , but it will at least make Asus aware of how their customers feel about their policy.

Back
Top Bottom