BACON! How dost thou cooketh it?

Soldato
Incidentally my granddad/dad ran a Bacon company back in the 80s, bought direct from sweden/denmark, had massive walk in fridges to store it all, and sold daily to local supermarkets. Well that was, until they went straight to the sauce (;)) and not from the company! :(

We as a family have grown up on bacon, it truly is god-like food. :cool:

A good tip is to use a frying pan and never wash it, just rinse off and dry with kitchen roll.

Soldato
Why are people assuming microwaving doesn't crisp the bacon, and it only works with low quality bacon? I microwave Danepak bacon on a daily basis as I have it every day for lunch and it comes out crispier and tastier than I've ever had from grilling or frying it.

Seriously, just try it. When I discovered it it was literally the best thing since sliced bread and it completely revolutionised my work lunch.

Soldato
Why are people assuming microwaving doesn't crisp the bacon, and it only works with low quality bacon? I microwave Danepak bacon on a daily basis as I have it every day for lunch and it comes out crispier and tastier than I've ever had from grilling or frying it.

It does actually come out very crispy from the microwave. While 99.9% of the time I grill my bacon, in the past I used to microwave it when I wanted it cooked quickly, and crispy enough to handle and break up into pasta.

Soldato
I usually grill it - but when I was a student or in a place where a grill wasn't available microwaving was the way forward.

It's not that bad, not a patch on grilling, but there is less mess really - just a plate to wipe.

Rich

Man of Honour
1746ec01.jpg

For me the best solution I've found, keeps it flat, cooks it nice and crispy and drains off excess fat.

Associate
Oven gives the absolute best results, undeniable.
However, waiting for the oven to warm and it takes longer to cook so I don't usually oven bacon for a cheeky sarny.

Grill gets my vote for my usual method of bacon cooking.. Oven for my preferred.

Back
Top Bottom