ns1000s plus xonar dg- BOOM

Caporegime
I think returning under the DSR, of opened and used products, any fee depends on the company. I've seen many state if the item is open and used, a restocking fee will apply.

Which is against the DSR rules and they can't enforce it. That's what they get for selling at distance, you can only try them out by opening them.

Associate
I've seen (online) companies stating that they'll only accept returns if the item is faulty not if the item was incorrectly purchased, I kindly point them to the DSR and magically they are willing to allow me to return. A lot of companies will try and play off of lack of consumer knowledge, and I wager a lot get away with it, too.

Associate
OP
As an update- checked dsr- postage is on them if its faulty, after some usage the sound is just plain amazing. You dont really 'notice' it, but my kill ratio in bc2 is on the up, purely because I am more immersed and a lot more aware of what is going on. Dsr starts from the time the request is made and an email is fine.

e5 on order from rainforest company.

As per the fault I am at a loss. Only happens on a very deep bass note that occurs in bc2 a bit and some dubstep, alongside a mini crackle whenever I move my head- something must be loose but I m not gonna take them apart to find out what.

Overall quality is top notch though, they are still usable. Just not right on that one note and with my head moving.

Tad dissapointed at superfi, they got back to my first email to the sales dept at 7 in the morning after i sent it. Sent the dsr request to the returns dept, not a sausage. It says there could be a 5 day wait.

Its ok for me as I am gaming happily with an odd buzz now and then, dsr says I am entitled to reasonable usage so using them reasonably :) , but if they were full on broken, it would not be on at all.

As per phones, cant judge sound quality too much, as I have nothing else to go by, but build quality and the sounds that work other than that note, immense. Like an awesome gpu you know it is good when it shows you the flaws clearly.

Cant wait to get the e5 on as the difference with the amp on is significant.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Jeeeez I've got the DSR issue cleared up.

No wonder superfi arent aknowledging DSR.

Heres the lowdown; this is off the office of fair trading guidelines.

You have 7 working days from recepit of the goods.

If in that time you do so much as email a request to return the goods under dsr to the sellers last know address, a request is considered to be made.

At that point they have to refund asap, regardless, 30 days max. They MUST refund. You do NOT have to return the goods for a refund or before they must refund you. I repeat you can keep the goods while your refund is made.

Their only remedy is to then sue you. You have a statutory (legal) duty to look after the goods in a reasonable way. Reasonable is defined at law in a quite funny way, imagine a decent bloke sat next to you on the bus. What would he say is fair? (google clapham omnibus if you think I am bsing, that is actually how the law works)

Original packaging can be requested but is not necessary- no penalties can be applied for throwing out the cardboard/plastic.

Faulty goods they pay postage even in up to 6 months, simple rejection you probably pay.

Restocking/admin fees are not permitted.

Check here for details, http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

Four years of unused law degree just kicked in; if you have ever tried to use a property law book that is really light reading!

Last edited:
Associate
In the first six months of having the goods if they go faulty the law presumes the fault was there when the goods were sold unless it can be shown otherwise, then its like a 7 day DSR.

This isn't strictly true. In the first 6 months it's up to the company to show that any fault was caused by the owner and not there originally, they can then offer a refund, repair or part refund which must be done in a reasonable time (they sure like their 'reasonable'). After 6 months it's up to the purchaser to prove there was a manufacturing issue.

The DSR implies a complete refund, with returns they don't even have to refund you, let alone give a full refund.

Caporegime
Jeeeez I've got the DSR issue cleared up.

No wonder superfi arent aknowledging DSR.

Heres the lowdown; this is off the office of fair trading guidelines.

You have 7 working days from recepit of the goods.

If in that time you do so much as email a request to return the goods under dsr to the sellers last know address, a request is considered to be made.

At that point they have to refund asap, regardless, 30 days max. They MUST refund. You do NOT have to return the goods for a refund or before they must refund you. I repeat you can keep the goods while your refund is made.

Their only remedy is to then sue you. You have a statutory (legal) duty to look after the goods in a reasonable way. Reasonable is defined at law in a quite funny way, imagine a decent bloke sat next to you on the bus. What would he say is fair? (google clapham omnibus if you think I am bsing, that is actually how the law works)

Original packaging can be requested but is not necessary- no penalties can be applied for throwing out the cardboard/plastic.

Faulty goods they pay postage even in up to 6 months, simple rejection you probably pay.

Restocking/admin fees are not permitted.

Check here for details, http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

I wonder how many people have gone through horrible rma's when it is up to the seller to actually refund and go through small claims even if the buyer gets sent damaged the goods. Especially with electrical goods- there is no way to show a fault in a circuit was not there on delivery- if any pc part or similar borks in six months you dont have to claim from the seller, the seller has to claim from you what is more you can keep the goods AND demand a refund. Really strange and I am of the opinion this will change but looking in google news its being expanded rather than retracted.

Four years of unused law degree just kicked in.

Glad somebody familarised themselves with DSR. Most people don;t realise that an online company can't charge a restocking fee and you cann open the goods and inspect them and try them out.

The only exception is DVD's and games I beleive otherwise you could watch the film/play the game and return it in 7 days for a full refund.

Associate
OP
Personalised goods too but its a godsend for pc hardware- I have just ordered another set, they have to refund my first cash regardless. Its £60 in the wilderness for a bit but I can deal with that.

As for the card, its amazing but getting full lock ups in bc2, gx is off, however I am using the unoffical unified driver after flailing about wildly trying to fix the headphone issue, that I now have down to a blown speaker. Gonna flip back to the old drivers and try them in bc2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom