Take Me Out... Blind Date on steroids, and one of the best cheesy shows on TV at the moment.

Caporegime
I did a search for a thread and couldnt find one, but just wanted to see if anyone else was watching the hit dating show, Take Me Out.

For anyone who doesn't know what it is, it's a dating program, a little (but not much, im just using it as a comparison basis) like Blind Date, except that there are 30 women looking to score with a bloke, and they stay on the show until they get a date. Each show consists of four blokes who come on individually and do their best to win a date, often with hilarious results.

It's hosted by the brilliant Paddy McGuinness, who is genuinely very funny with his quips and put-downs of both blokes and girls alike, and because the girls appear on every show until they get a date there is a real sense of rapport between everyone, and you start rooting for them the more you see them.

I know many will mock and decry this as devilspawn, but personally I love a bit of cheesy TV, and this really is a top-notch program for those that can sit back, switch their brain off, and just have a laugh at this kind of thing.

It's airs on a Saturday on ITV at 8pm, and repeats on a Sunday on ITV2 at 17:30. If you're sitting in wondering what to watch then give it a try, it's highly entertaining.

Official site here http://www.itv.com/takemeout/ :)

Caporegime
OP
Amazing program. Lucy even got a date! Though I didn't see that episode or the one showing the date. I need to catch up!

Hah, Lucy was a lovely girl... she was just too keen, it put guys off. The other girl was cool too, the one that said "mint" all the time, but she also suffered from mild desperation syndrome.

But the biggest surprise date was Peggy... she is 100% drop-dead gorgeous with a body to die for, and yet with a brain the size of a caschew nut, and it was nice to finally see her show interest in a guy long enough to get a date. Seems her and that guy are ideally matched, considering he was a mummys boy who still lived with his mum and basically wanted a bird who likes the simple life of pubs and football. Cant believe his mum actually came on the show too, cringe. Glad they got along though, and I love the way he just started snogging her as soon as he saw her on the date, hah.

Sad it's over, will be really looking forward to the next one!

Soldato
The fact that Paddy McGuinness hosts it gives me license to watch it. If it was someone like Davina McCall I'd have no right watching that kind of program.
I do like it while being aware that it's completely awful TV. Bless Lucy and JoJo (the mint Geordie lass) - the only one I wanted to see get paired up that didn't was Cat, the better-looking identical twin.

Caporegime
OP
Paddy McGuinness is wooden and lacks charisma. Even the many many tottys on that show cannot over come the soul sucking personality of that guy.

What on earth are you talking about? Are you thinking of a different Paddy McGuinness?

He has everyone in stitches constantly, and it's obvious the girls think he's hilarious even when he's taking the mick out of them... he's a genuinely funny guy. I don't think lack of charisma is something he can be accused of, unless you mistake charisma for another word entirely.

Anybody else reckon Peggy is being serviced rather a lot at the moment?

Indeed she probably is, I only wish I were the one doing it. Just for a week or so anyway.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's one of those things that I've found myself watching a few times when I've been in on a Saturday night and it surprised me by being quite entertaining, I don't think I'd go out of my way to watch it but there are far worse things on TV.

Associate
Somebody bought me a Paddy McGuinness standup DVD for christmas once and it was the most excruciating and unfunny thing I've ever seen. Riding on the coat tails of Peter Kaye. It put me off him for life, so I can't comment on this show!

:p

Caporegime
OP
Ahh ok, I haven't seen his stand-up, but I think his humour is more suited to off the cuff quips rather than rehearsed material. So yeah, im sure it was possibly pretty poor. SOMe people just aren't cut out for stand-up, it's a different ball game.

Soldato
It has to be said Paddy is very good at what he does and pretty much the only reason I watch it, it's all rather tacky and cringeworthy ... you must be desperate to go on there!

Caporegime
Somebody bought me a Paddy McGuinness standup DVD for christmas once and it was the most excruciating and unfunny thing I've ever seen. Riding on the coat tails of Peter Kaye. It put me off him for life, so I can't comment on this show!

:p

I've seen him live, it wasnt that good tbh :(
As a presenter or on a tv show he is good though.

Back
Top Bottom