What cables do i need??

Permabanned
Just about to order the following but unsure of what type and brand of cables i need! :confused:

Sony DVD - DVPNS705 (multi-region) £198.95
Sony AV Reciever - STRDB780 £224.99

So what cables do i need for CD audio playback - will the same one work for SACD??

What do i need for the DVD audio 5.1??

Cheers Guys :)

Man of Honour
just get a normal digital cable that they sell in hi fi shops.

You dont need phono leads for CD replay as normal stereo will be available through the digital cable and your amp.

I spent about £25 on mine but I can remember the name of it but it is really good. If I remember I will post it.

Man of Honour
if you give me a link to the place where you are ordering it from i will go and have a look for you and find a cable that you can order with the rest of the kit.

Man of Honour
be quick though im going to bed soon. Off for shower now so you have 15-20mins to reply the countdown has started.

also why get the Sony 780 ?

the Marantz SR4200 is a better surround processor and can be had from www.richersounds.com for £199.99p with free delivey.

also cant find the 705 dvdplayer on the sony site so do you mean the DVPNS 700 cos if so its only £189.95p from richers.

Also just to throw another combo at you the Toshiba SD220e can be had for £120 in multi region form and is an amazingly good player was down as the best under £250 in What Hi-Fi

The Marantz sR4200 was voted best AV reciever under about £300-£400 in the awards last year

I own both the Reciever and the DVdf and I think they are awesome.

you could use the money saved to buy a standalone CD Player or put towards a surround sound package of speakers if you dont already own them ? if so post here so we can see what the DVD and Amp will be used with

Permabanned
OP
i mean the 705 - i cant find it listed ewither but i know peeps with it and have seen it in my local Sony centre!!

Its the 700's replacement.

I was gonna get the 1080 but i dont need the 6.1 cos i cant afford to set it up and 5.1 is plenty for now - so the 780 is the best option as it had DPLII and 5.1 etc etc. :)

EDIT: Cheers for the cable advice m8 :)

Permabanned
OP
Originally posted by BigB@dJ@y
Richers dont do free delivery m8..only on low cost items like cables etc

just as well i'm not buying it form them then - they also dont do the amp, cos its new and the same for the DVD/SACD player cos its new!

Back
Top Bottom