Hi my name is Linda and I am calling from Microsoft...

Associate
I've done it before with a Virtual Machine on my Mac, they didn't get past my antivirus. Dragged it out for at least half an hour though :D
Rubbish virus was rubbish.

Associate
Getting hit with a lot of these recently.

I've now resorted to taking the phone in to the garden, telling the guy on the phone I live next to a train line and my reception is horrible, getting them to hang on for 5/10 minutes just leaving my phone in the garden while I "sort it", then going back to the phone and giving it a good long 20 second blast with one of these bad boys

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=X&ei=61SLTan4H4WyhAfGttm1Dg&ved=0CFkQ8wIwAA#

Normally stops them from calling.

Associate
I have had a few of these over the last few months.
Basic, they want you to go to this nasty looking website, where you download some remote login software. I had that 1 guy on the phone for about 30mins once... yes I was bored at the time.

Man of Honour
My dad received one of these calls - having little understanding of computers he was really concerned. Luckily he checked with me before he did anything! Funny thing is, he just moved to a new house with a new number and he hasn't even connected to the internet yet :rolleyes:

I've heard about these tech support scam calls but thankfully haven't had one yet. I only have a mobile number, so I don't tend to get cold callers or scams as it costs them a bomb.

If I did get one of these though, perhaps I should answer it by playing a murloc sound :)

Man of Honour
About 30 minutes ago:

Hello, I'm Frank (Asian) from Talk Talk, can I speak to the person who pays the bills?
That's me
I see you are on a cable phone with Virgin Media?
No
Yes you are
No, I'm not, I don't have a landline
But I have rang you on it
I don't have a landline, in fact I'm at a pub having a drink outside - everybody shout hello to Frank (there were 3 of my family sitting outside my patio door)
But I have rang you on a normal number
Sorry mate but my mobile number begins 07580
So it must divert from a landline?
No, I don't pay for a landline
I am confused
You're confused, I'm going to the police because I'm a member of the Secret Service and you should not have my phone number, expect a visit Frank.

Back
Top Bottom