• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*The GTX590 Club*

Caporegime
lol

I don't think many will admit to spending 600+ on a GPU thats slower than a 6990 for 100 less :D

I know I wouldn't.

There is really no need at all to buy this GPU at current pricing.

Soldato

No need to buy it at any price until Nvidia fix it...

Edit:

"SweClockers Service argues that the problems with overclocking is not using drivers 267.71 and 267.84, although tested by us, a copy of ASUS 'fell' just by using the version 267.71."

http://pclab.pl/news45334.html

This is looking more and more like a hardware issue, that Nvidia is trying to fix via software, which is failing. Even if they did achieve a software fix, there still and inherent liability of cards failing on mass should Nvidia ever mess up their drivers again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It is surprising no ones popped up with a "woo, look at my benchmarks" thread with one yet, really no matter how poor value a card is SOMEONE normally buys one. Even Nvidia fans aren't getting on board. Though, I don't recall, has anyone on these forums owned up to spending something like £1000 on one of those ridiculous Asus Ares cards, there is a limit it seems.

I think for AMD/Nvidia its also largely down to the timing of the cards, released 3 months ago they'd be far more interesting, but most of the people that REALLY want that level of power would have gone sli/xfire a couple months ago. Thats where the 4870x2 did so well as it was released almost straight away, mostly the same for the 5970 though less good value. These two cards are less good value, more problematic(heat, noise, blowing up) and really late.

I mean a 4870x2 got a good 14 months or so before the 5870 launched, the 5970 had around a year, these cards will have 6 months, maybe 7, so in those terms its less good value as they will be the best cards around for a lot less long, and due to price they'll also depreciate much worse when it comes to selling on.

Man of Honour
lol

I don't think many will admit to spending 600+ on a GPU thats slower than a 6990 for 100 less :D

I know I wouldn't.

This tbh. Certainly not a cool club to be in. I know which I would choose if I were upgrading to this generation.

bru

bru

Soldato
£100 more expensive than the 6990
The performance is similar to the 6990
No overclocking room on the card

from what i have read the no overclocking point doesn't seem to be correct, they seem to be overclocking just fine.

the cards going bang, doesn't seem to be connected to overclocking at all. now whether it is just the supplied driver or a batch of faulty cards I don't know but it certainly doesn't seem to be connected to overclocking, because as ejiz joking said it has happened at stock as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom