The Apple HE store - Full prices and details in here. *prices correct as of 15/06/10*

Soldato
If you go back to Mac Software you should be able to add it from there.

Thanks

stormbreaker_2.jpg

Soldato
How much is the cheapest basic (not pro) macbook (13 inch I think?) with HE discount?

Also when was the last refresh on this model? Is this worthwhile getting? It will be my first entry into apple/mac and just want it for fairly simple web development along with easy portability.

Associate
Following up on the warranty issue. After not getting very far with phone calls (no, I didn't buy applecare, yes I should have three year warranty), I got the following email:

Dear
Thankyou for contacting Apple,

Your case number is

To enable us rectify and register your Higher Education Cover, kindly send in your proof of purchase either by fax or email (details below)

Information that should show clearly are :

The product's original date of purchase
Invoice or receipt number
Product price
Reseller name, address, phone number and, if possible, the company seal or logo
The product's serial number

353-21-428-3917 - fax
[email protected] - email
I emailed them my PDF reciept, and a few days later the warranty was upgraded- I now have a custom applecare agreement showing three years. Hope this is useful to someone.

Soldato
Sorry guys, I've been busy this week with assignment deadlines!

macbook.jpg

Personally I wouldn't buy a Macbook 13", mainly because it's a Core2Duo. I've got a Core2Duo in my 13" MacBook Air and that's fair enough as it's chuffing thin, but a Core2Duo is now two generations old! Heck a 2.4GHz Core2Duo is what's in my 2007 MacBook Pro.
The current 13" MacBook Pro has i5 & i7 Sandy Bridge processors :cool: ;)...

MacRumors buyers guide is http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry guys, I've been busy this week with assignment deadlines!

Personally I wouldn't buy a Macbook 13", mainly because it's a Core2Duo. I've got a Core2Duo in my 13" MacBook Air and that's fair enough as it's chuffing thin, but a Core2Duo is now two generations old! Heck a 2.4GHz Core2Duo is what's in my 2007 MacBook Pro.

Thanks a lot, really helpful post! :)

Soldato

How fast is your Core 2 Duo in your Macbook Air? I highly doubt it's anywhere near the speed of the Macbook. Core 2 Duos are decent enough and my 2.6Ghz version is doing me extremely well! If anything, I'd wait until they release the updated 13" Pros, should be due soon.

Associate
How much would it be for the top 15" MacBookPro, with the below BTO options?

2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display

Back
Top Bottom