Adele 21

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Both fantastic albums. 'Someone Like You' is just stunning, genuine goosebumps every time. An incredible talent with a stunning, effortless voice.

Oh hang on, this is OcUK:

LOL SHE'S A FATTY LOLOL

:rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Had steered clear of Adele as I hated that Chasing Pavements nonsense but gave 21 a go this week (wife bought it ages ago but we never listened to it). I quite like it, especially the middle section of "One and Only", which I hadn't heard before despite the fact that she is played a LOT on the radio. Kinda annoying though because it very short-lived (roughly 3:25 - 4:35).

Her appearence is irrelevant to me as I have special headphones that only do audio rather than project visual images.

edit: analysing her music on a more basic level it may be that I just like piano melodies with female vocals (I also like e.g. Jewel). Maybe need to investigate this avenue.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I want to like her, I know she's talented, but I absolutely hate 'Rolling In The Deep'. I hate the rhythm, the general feel of it. I'm not sure why. I just have to change stations/channel when it comes on. Everything else I quite like, this one song just kills it.

Yep. This. Since my last post I have re-realised that this is a rubbish rubbish rubbish song. It's that rhythm, you're right!

Soldato
I think she's okay, I can listen to her without getting annoyed but I do think her songs get absolutely played to death, which doesn't help.

Isn't one of her albums slowly making it's way up the all-time sales charts? Seems odd to lump her in with the likes of the Beatles, MJ etc.

Back
Top Bottom