• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Gigabyte Super OC GTX 480's - VERY LOW PRICES!**

Soldato
well mines still artefacting ...

but use of their 8 pin converter seems possibly to make thing marginally better but may be wrong

I bumped volts up to 1.088 and it ran at 800 in OCCT for 400 seconds with no errors - which is probably good enough and near enough to advertised to stop worrying really - ok its higher than the 1.037 - but making do may be better than new PSU or replacing card etc etc - as after all it could be my PSU

Soldato
well mines still artefacting ...

but use of their 8 pin converter seems possibly to make thing marginally better but may be wrong

I bumped volts up to 1.088 and it ran at 800 in OCCT for 400 seconds with no errors - which is probably good enough and near enough to advertised to stop worrying really - ok its higher than the 1.037 - but making do may be better than new PSU or replacing card etc etc - as after all it could be my PSU

Placebo

Associate
well mine is running at 850 on stock volts randomly as soon as i up the volts slightly my Benchmark results go down, work that out ? but im happy with 850 on stock volts tbh i did only go up very very slightly on the volts so maybe i need a bigger jump in volts

Soldato
i'm wondering if one of the previous posters re heat and power required maybe correct

just the only other difference vs pervious is I decided to do a massive clean-up inside case - tidy up - remove all dust etc etc - which has made airflow better

wheras before in OCCTI'd get up to 100C plus this time only got to 90 wih similar settings

if its stable at 800 with 1.088 it'll be good enough for me I think - I mean even at 700 its a fast enough card - and its not like they were full price - so still a bargain IMO

I just ran Bulletstorm 1900 with 4xAA and card was only at 74C with fans at 55% which is non too shabby really :)

Soldato
i knew i should have plumped for the 570. this oc is obviously pushing the card to much.

im unsure as how to test with occt? what settings should i use. do i just run it at full screen with error check?

if so it started throwing up errors almost immediately.

im running 2 separate rails into it each with a 36A rating so im dont think its my psu.

Last edited:
Soldato
i knew i should have plumped for the 570. this oc is obviously pushing the card to much.

im unsure as how to test with occt? what settings should i use. do i just run it at full screen with error check?

if so it started throwing up errors almost immediately.

im running 2 separate rails into it each with a 36A rating so im dont think its my psu.

I would not worry too much

Even slightly downclocked I get a smoother experience than I got with my heavily oc'd 570

Associate
There's just too many cases of faulty cards now, OC have my card today so i guess i will find out next week if faulty, i will get a refund if that is the case. but i'm guessing i'm going to be 2 way postage out of pocket!

Back
Top Bottom