My 'Complaint' to McDonalds

Soldato
McDonalds in this country is appalling, both quality and service wise. Went to McDonalds about a week ago to grab a bit to eat with mates as i've not had one for ages. The line was that long it was nearly to the door, after about 5 minutes of waiting in line we finally managed to order our food and were then told to wait at the side as it wasn't ready yet which was another 3 or so minutes. Can anyone tell me why it's called 'Fast Food' in this country? Because all we seem to do is wait about 10 minutes to get served and in that time you'd have been better off buying a sandwich which would have been quicker. Mate went to China/Japan (can't remember which one) a few years back. Went into a MNcDonalds there and apparently if you have been waiting longer than 1 minute then the food is free.

Maybe you should try and do the job for a week and you'll understand why it sometimes takes a while to get your order. Special orders, awkward customers, new staff and other things such as running out of food stock on the shop floor can all contribute to waiting times.
You talk of customers queing to the door, if you had any idea how much money McDonalds spends on reducing service times you'd be amazed. Next time you're waiting for a while to get served or for your order just take into consideration why it may be.

Associate
If we are on complaint letters.. here was mine to Players in Sheffield

Well they cant be worse than the door staff at the leadmill but that aside why were you even in there ? its full of chavvy little douche bags drinking vodka red bulls bopping away to dance remixes of popular autotune songs! i think i would have been glad to have been kicked out had i found myself in there for some unfortunate reason.

Soldato
Well they cant be worse than the door staff at the leadmill but that aside why were you even in there ? its full of chavvy little douche bags drinking vodka red bulls bopping away to dance remixes of popular autotune songs! i think i would have been glad to have been kicked out had i found myself in there for some unfortunate reason.

Unfortunately, you are right - it is now full of idiots and chavs for the most part :( it never used to be that bad - its just gotten worse as time has gone on. It is always waay too crowded on a Saturday now so I don't really go there much anymore.

While I'm not a fan of the rubbish remixes, sometimes the DJ has a good run of the original tracks or dub mixes and they are good to dance to!

Associate
I think your letter comes accross terribly poor. Just sounds like a cheeky teenager response.

Clearly youd be better phoning the restaurant, logging the event and getting a free meal next time you visit but if you feel you need to escalate your lack of bacon to the fast food head office then by all means, go ahead.

Youve put more effort into your letter than youre will to get your burger right, as is the moany, unenthused approach to most things these days - sadly.

Yes its annoying when they get burgers wrong, happens to me too but youre over reacting in a massive way tbh.

McDonalds in this country is appalling, both quality and service wise. Went to McDonalds about a week ago to grab a bit to eat with mates as i've not had one for ages. The line was that long it was nearly to the door, after about 5 minutes of waiting in line we finally managed to order our food and were then told to wait at the side as it wasn't ready yet which was another 3 or so minutes.

"Nearly to the door"

Whilst I appreciate this would vary per store, I imagine this to be about 15-20 people infront of you?

This means they are serving people at a rate of 3-4 people a minute - Are you really winging about this? Is it their fault theyre busy?

Youre complaining about waiting 3 minutes for your meal, fair enough its nicer when its ready but wow.

"Its fast food - Not instant food"

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think your letter comes accross terribly poor. Just sounds like a cheeky teenager response.

Clearly youd be better phoning the restaurant, logging the event and getting a free meal next time you visit but if you feel you need to escalate your lack of bacon to the fast food head office then by all means, go ahead.

Youve put more effort into your letter than youre will to get your burger right, as is the moany, unenthused approach to most things these days - sadly.

Yes its annoying when they get burgers wrong, happens to me too but youre over reacting in a massive way tbh.

I was about to reply to this, but the whooshing sound was too loud for me to concentrate.

...?! :eek:

Soldato
...but the time and effort he went to writing that email, taking the photos, uploading the photos to his computer, sending the email then cross-posting it here on the forum is worth far more than a few free McDonald's vouchers? :confused:

Does it take you a long time to manage these things then?

I imagine to most people, the act of typing for a few minutes and taking a picture are very simple tasks and do not consume more than a few minutes of their day.

Soldato
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to convey my disappointment at one of your products which i recently purchased. This lunchtime, i visited your XXXXX branch, as i do, 5 times a week. This lunchtime i bought two "Large Soft subs 2pk" as i was feeling especially hungry as i had not eaten in around 16 hours.

When i arrived back at my place of work to indulge in my 2pk of large soft rolls, i noticed that both of my subs were extremely hard and inedible. This left me with a predicament as i had now bought filling for my subs, yet had no subs to fill. Since i was so hungry, i decided to attempt to eat the fillings on their own. This resulted in a large mess at my desk and as a result, an argument ensued with my supervisor.

Due to this, I have felt especially let down by your company, as i have been a loyal customer for decades, but considering the inconvenience and personal distress i have been through today, i will be re-evaluating my supermarket preference.

Thank you.

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom