Hillsborough Disaster

Permabanned
RIP to those who lost there lives :( But please no hotlinking of images.

The Hillsborough disaster was a human crush that occurred on 15 April 1989 at Hillsborough, a football stadium, the home of Sheffield Wednesday F.C. in Sheffield, England, resulting in the deaths of 96 people,[1] and 766 being injured, all fans of Liverpool F.C. It remains the deadliest stadium-related disaster in British history and one of the worst ever international football accidents.[2] It was the second of two stadium-related disasters involving Liverpool supporters, the other being the Heysel Stadium Disaster in 1985.

The match, an FA Cup semi-final tie between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest, was abandoned six minutes into the game.

Was 6 at the time, only thing I can remember is seeing the footage of all the flowers on the news at Anfield, glad really I wouldn't want to of been watching the match on tv.

Makes me sick when "other" fans joke about it, nobody deserves to die when they go to watch a football match.

RIP to the 96

oW9I5.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I was nearly 16 and I remember my mates dad was trying to get us all tickets to the match, unfortunately he could only get one and went on his own, I can remember watching it unfold on the telly thinking "**** it could've been me" (it wasn't until after he came we realised his ticket wasn't for the Leppings Lane end).

Can't imagine what it could do to you mentally when being involved in something like that.

Man of Honour
One of those days you will never forget.

hillsboroughmemorial.jpg

RIP

Soldato
I remember it well. I was listening to it on the radio in my dads car when the commentator said somethings not right and said that a little blonde boy was being helped over the railings.

My folks wouldn't let me go to anfield even though a Lad I knew from school had died. We went anyway and Kenny was there being interviewed. When I got back home it was on the news and we were in the background.

RIP Kev

Back
Top Bottom