• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Gigabyte Super OC GTX 480's - VERY LOW PRICES!**

Permabanned
I'm using the special edition 480, idles at 30-35 under load it could be upto 75 game dependant, runs flawlessly.

I do have the fan speed up at 80, somtimes 100 if its sunny outside.

Associate
Thinking of maybe getting one of these.

If I get a SOC and underclock it to standard speeds, would it be nice n quiet? Or am I just as well to get a standard card, like the Asus?

Not too bothered with the slight increase the OC would give, but that cooler looks pretty good. If the standard card is reasonably quiet then I'd just go with it.

Any opinions?

Associate
Thinking of maybe getting one of these.

If I get a SOC and underclock it to standard speeds, would it be nice n quiet? Or am I just as well to get a standard card, like the Asus?

Not too bothered with the slight increase the OC would give, but that cooler looks pretty good. If the standard card is reasonably quiet then I'd just go with it.

Any opinions?

I had the ASUS and returned under DSR b ought ths SOc and the noise diffrence for me is night and day. Mine has been perfect, put one in a mates new build today and that one is perfect too.

Associate
I had the ASUS and returned under DSR b ought ths SOc and the noise diffrence for me is night and day. Mine has been perfect, put one in a mates new build today and that one is perfect too.

Congrats on getting some of the working cards. I would be very interested to know the idle temps, max temps under load and voltage as reported in GPU-Z. Would you mind posting them?

Soldato
Cleeecooo said:
Lol, GB is turning into XFX!!!:)
Waiting over 30+ days for RMA regardless if the card is from OcUK or any other retailer? I hope not. ;)

XFX warranty service is pathetic we have seen that in these very forums, they sell as many as they can via cheap deals via retailers at the expense of crap quality customer service.

I woudnt buy an XFX card regardless of how cheap they are, if it goes wrong you will be without a card for over month if not more if you don't chase it up.

Last edited:
Associate
I think they just got overzealous with the clocks and voltage tweaking and didn't put them through their paces enough. I like my SOC but it bugs me knowing I probably have the highest voltage example with loads of heat and noisy fans to compensate. Also feel it won't last as long as the ones working well at 1.025v-1.063v...

Soldato
Waiting over 30+ days for RMA regardless if the card is from OcUK or any other retailer? I hope not. ;)

XFX warranty service is pathetic we have seen that in these very forums, they sell as many as they can via cheap deals via retailers at the expense of crap quality customer service.

I woudnt buy an XFX card regardless of how cheap they are, if it goes wrong you will be without a card for over month if not more if you don't chase it up.

You never know. I still havent had an update from GB:(

Soldato
Cleeecooo said:
You never know. I still havent had an update from GB:(
Gigabyte are probally working flat out with all the GTX 480 returns.

Gibbo mentioned that 25+ had been RMA out of 300+ sales, but let's not forget you can RMA direct through Gigabyte, now how many have been RMA in this way? we will never know . . . .

Associate
Congrats on getting some of the working cards. I would be very interested to know the idle temps, max temps under load and voltage as reported in GPU-Z. Would you mind posting them?

Mine is a SOC
GPU-z recons VCC is 1.063v loaded with heaven 2.5
idle seems to be 0.962v

oh by the way this is in a CM690II with side panel on

Idle temp 39-42 loaded under furmark have seen 85 i think but games Crysis was 75C everything max detail4*AA 1920*1080

Soldato

My experiences with XFX are perfect. I have returned a card to Europe and gotten a brand new one back 7 days later with an apology letter and free game before. This was recently so look at them recently and they clearly pay attention to problems more than the x800xt days.

Soldato
My experiences with XFX are perfect. I have returned a card to Europe and gotten a brand new one back 7 days later with an apology letter and free game before. This was recently so look at them recently and they clearly pay attention to problems more than the x800xt days.

My Xfx experience took 30 days. This was in December 2010.

Back
Top Bottom