- Hessle Road
- Anlaby Road
- Holderness Road
- Kingswood
- Hedon Road

Everywhere else is at your own risk.

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to live off Beverly Road (May Street) when going to Uni there. That area is OK, had no trouble there at all and pubs and takaways everywhere :)

Nate

Mr Wok is a brilliant takeaway, recently, they had a fishtank with an enormous fish in it that had no room to swim about so it just used to sort of "spin on its axis", a bit cruel really but thats that.

The Sanctuary Bar at the SU is great too, but the uni is totally worth it for the Brynmor Jones Library alone, its just brilliant.

Soldato
I'm from Hull.

The following areas are survivable:
- The Avenues
- Newland
- Cottingham Road
- Cottingham

The following areas you will certainly die:
- Bransholme
- Orchard Park

The following areas you will probably get attacked, but probably not killed:
- Beverley Road
- Ings Road
- Hessle Road
- Anlaby Road
- Holderness Road
- Kingswood
- Hedon Road

Everywhere else is at your own risk.

What. I was there for years and never got attacked. I've been attacked three times down south.

Aside from the poster I've just quoted, who is no doubt either exaggerating or using past negative experiences, most of the people here have clearly not been to Hull and are simply using a stereotype that Hull is some ****hole that needs bombing. Or there are those who simply do not like it, but to class it as a dump is ridiculous.

I've had some of the best years of my life in Hull.

Like anywhere, you go into a rough neighbourhood at night being a twit and you'll get in trouble, be safe and smart about it, and you'll be fine.

Also Kebab Ye and Pizza King = <33333

Welly is pretty crap, but Attic was good but then became crap, although Spiders is banging. :D

Soldato
Ive been to Hull once for a Derby Hull game. It was a horrendous place. Maybe it was just the area... but coupled with the fact that it was raining, we sat right next to a couple of drunks and we lost, it wasn't a pleasant visit.

Soldato
OP
The course I want to do is actually at the college, all the student houses are a bit of a trek but I suppose i'll need the steps ! They might have they're own places to stay I suppose, i'll find out more when they send me the gubbins.

Back
Top Bottom