Describing a case

Associate
As a customer,what would you expect from a perfect case? I'm not talking about one already available, but what makes you happy with a case as a customer?What would you look for in a case to describe it as perfect?

Associate
Aswell as good air flow and size I really like a flat top without bumps and too many vents so I can put things on top, like my audio gear. Also USB and headphone/mic ports on front not on top!!

I've found this hard to find so i'm having to settle for the Fractal define XL.. HARD TO FIND PERFECT CASE IT IS.

Associate
- Sleek, simple and clean appearance
- No lights/LED's of any sort
- Strong, sturdy frame
- Good cable management with plenty of places to hide cables
- Decent airflow/noise levels
- Decent and easy to access dust filters
- Minimum 2 x 5.25 bays
- Minimum 4 x 3.5 bays (2.5 SSD compatible)
- Minimum 2 x front USB 2.0

Last edited:
Associate
Able to fit an sr-2 motherboard (even though I can't afford one :p ) space for multiple large rads good airflow and a window ofc

That would be awesome, there's a lack of cases to support such large motherboards that still look good. For me though:

1. High Quality stable frame.
2. Quality paint Job (NOT POWDER COATED)
3. Enough space for plenty of fans.
4. Good cable management system.
5. Black, simple yet very sleek.

Somewhere along the lines of the Obsidian 650D, If I was to design one, it would be unreal.

Soldato
As I've posted before in a similar thread, this:

None, I still haven't found a case that truly has everything that I want from a case, which is:

-Decent position (IE: exhausts air) for 120.3 radiator (and maybe a position for a 120.2 as well, or 2 120.2s), pump and so on.
-Built in reservoir in a good/striking place (maybe make the side window a reservoir?).
-Not humongous (with some decent thinking this is possible), or stupidly heavy.
-No 'overkill' drive bays - who needs 5 5.25" bays, and over 5 HDD bays? For those that do, there are many cases available, but for those who will use the bare minimum (like me, 2 SSDs, 1 HDD and an external ODD), it feels like unnecessary weight and space.
-A decent in-built fan controller, which can be controlled through Windows, where you can set temps for the fans to come on/go off and so on. The only things near so far are the Heatmaster, BigNG and Aqueros, all of which are German (so support is a pain, manuals are badly written for English, and no-one has any experience of them), and the Heatmaster and BigNG have terrible software.
-Classic looks. FT02 for-instance. Lian Li V-series. And so on.
-An external finish that doesn't scratch/mark if you look at it (Lian Li!) - Silverstone's is an improvement, but at first it doesn't look as good.
-Covers for those bits that don't look brilliant (PSU and ensuing cable mess, drive bays)
-PSU connectors mounted into the motherboard tray, and are connected to a modular-like panel by the PSU - much easier cable routing - IE, none required. The panel would cover most of the required connectors (maybe 2 8 pin PCI-E, 2 6 pin, 4+4 pin CPU, 24 pin ATX and so on) then conventional connectors could be used if anything extra is required. Short cables would be used to connect the plug on the mobo tray to the relevant connector.

Maybe not all of that, but they are almost all things that just aren't included in any case.

Yeah, that.

Associate
OP
I would like to see the psu at the back of the pc...
A lot of cables could be hidden if done so.I think the case you have described are HUGE to offer all those facilities.

Associate
- Sleek, simple and clean appearance
- No lights/LED's of any sort
- Strong, sturdy frame
- Good cable management with plenty of places to hide cables
- Decent airflow/noise levels
- Decent and easy to access dust filters
- Minimum 2 x 5.25 bays
- Minimum 4 x 3.5 bays (2.5 SSD compatible)
- Minimum 2 x front USB 2.0

Practically this, but with a decent finish and able to accomadate long graphics cards + larger motherboards.

Back
Top Bottom