Humour me, I'm new...

Associate
I'm off to Australia in the next few days and am taking my Canon EOS 1000D with me, however, I've never travelled with it before. It's obviously going as hand luggage and is in a bag with 2 lenses, my compact and all related chargers. My query is this: do I put it through the x-ray machines?? I've taken laptop's and they've been through it before, along with HDD's but, never anything other than my compact, just wondering if it's going to affect the camera or anything at all or if I can avoid it should I?

Associate
OP
Razoe-BladE, I've no idea how I'd be able to manage it, just wondered if it was possible really. Thanks for your quick responses, looks like it's having a trip along a conveyer belt!

Thanks again

Associate
My query is this: do I put it through the x-ray machines??

You might worry about putting FILM through X-RAY. Particularly if you are going to do it lots of times or go through airports with ancient machines.

But it is irrelevant to your Digital SLR. Don't worry about it at all.

Andrew

Man of Honour
You might worry about putting FILM through X-RAY.

You basically can insist on having that hand inspected, that news doesn't appear to have made it through to the monkeys though, so having a printed copy of the airports policy on hand is usually helpful. *

Only relevant with film though, digital will be fine.

* Heathrow have actually started insisting they'll only inspect 'professional' film above ASA800 now, I've argued about that with them with some success and had ASA400 films inspected before by being reasonable. Interestingly the TSA in the US are on paper more reasonable and you can insist on having film hand inspected pretty much as you wish, again, carrying a piece of paper confirming that is recommended..

Back
Top Bottom