MacBook won't boot...

Caporegime
Hi all,

My trusty 2008 ali MacBook won't boot up :( - it's been used nearly everyday since I've had it but I was browsing the net a moment ago and it just froze on me...rebooted it and now it's stuck on the apple spinning grey circle of doom :(

Tried resetting the PRAM I'm open to suggestions but my suspicions are duff hard drive :/

Thoughts welcome!
Jake

Soldato
Seems like it could just be a bad sector on the drive because it's found the OS (hence the apple) and is starting to load it (spinning gear).

Have you tried to boot in single user mode and do an fsck?

Caporegime
OP
Seems like it could just be a bad sector on the drive because it's found the OS (hence the apple) and is starting to load it (spinning gear).

Have you tried to boot in single user mode and do an fsck?

Good thinking, running that now :)

Got a mate heading over with a sata to usb converter, I don't mind reloading it or replacing the drive, but its got some client data on there I need :o

Associate
Had an almost identical problem with mine a couple of weeks ago (2008 BlackBook) - I ended up buying a new hard drive (though that seemed to have a bit of an issue...)

Have kept the new on in, and have the original in an external enclosure. Wasn't much of an issue in the end, thanks to Time machine, and £40 on a new (and bigger) drive.

Glad your problem seems to have been sorted out speedily!

Rich

Back
Top Bottom