CCNA courses

Associate
Hi guys, I've been reading about CCNA courses to do something with my life and I found this to start: (Sorry I didn't know where create the post)

http://www.lsce.co.uk/ccna_ccnp_courses/ccna_courses.aspx#

Please would you mind to check the link and have a look if is worth it or not, I don't want to pay that money for something that I don't know if it will be worth it.

Would you say that this course is too short?
is not to expensive?

DAY 1 3Hours

Understanding TCP/IP
Converting Between Decimal Numbers and Binary 4
Subnetting a Class A, Class B, Class C Network
Subnetting Using Binary 8

Understanding Ethernet, Cisco Devices Switches and Routers
Cables and Connections, LAN Connections
Rollover Cable to Router or Switch
Terminal Settings, Serial Cable Types
568A Versus 568B Cables

Growing the Network
LAN Network Topologies
Operating Cisco IOS Software
Configuring a Cisco Switch
Extending the LAN

DAY 2 3Hours...
DAY 3 3Hours...
and so on

Actually I'll wait for your recommendation, Thanks guys I'll be really grateful if someone can help me because I don't know what shall I do.

Last edited:
Associate
It is a very good course, it will widen enough your employment oppertunities,but on the other hand, it is all done too quickly on this specific center you have chosen. Usually it takes up to 2 years to complete this course. If you feel confident enough,why not?

Good luck with your decision

Caporegime
It is a very good course, it will widen enough your employment oppertunities,but on the other hand, it is all done too quickly on this specific center you have chosen. Usually it takes up to 2 years to complete this course. If you feel confident enough,why not?

Good luck with your decision

2 years to complete a CCNA?

That's like saying it usually takes 2 years to pass your driving test. Yes, I'm sure some people take up to 2 years, but my god, it's a few months work at best.

Soldato
The Open University do a CCNA course, I took that myself as a module towards the degree I'm working on with the OU. Proper Cisco Academy course so all of the course materials are from Cisco, has 4 day schools which cover the learned material, allows for hands on of the real equipment, and a test at each day school (the day school tests are for the Cisco Academy, and separate from the OU assignments, but if you do well enough on the cisco academy you get a 50% off voucher for the CCNA exam).

It is spread out over about 9 or so months, and I'm not sure of the cost as the financial support covers all of my modules for me so I'm not sure if its the sort of price you are looking at either, but from my experience it was a great course and well worth learning (I already have a keen interest in learning about networking, so could be a bit bias).

Associate
The CCNA took me 5 weeks with casual study and packet tracer. Really fun course but tbh it doesnt help you get a job (atleast seems so in my case). Its seen as a cert for people already working on CISCO gear. You would be much better off with an A+.

Associate
Lol, but no.

Granted, without any experience a CCNA isn't going to land you a job on it's own, but I'd take an inexperienced CCNA holder over an inexperienced A+ holder.

Your issue is (due to age) one of a lack of corporate/enterprise experience.

Oh really? That gives me some hope I guess.

I was honestly just considering taking my CCNA off of my CV and taking the A+ exam. I was ready to take the A+ 3 months ago but took the CCNA instead :S

Caporegime
If you can take the A+ at a reasonably low outlay (ie, exam only), then take it, as it won't harm your employability. Certainly don't take the CCNA off though.

Do you have any experience outside of public/personal computing/support? If not, is there anywhere you can offer your services either for free, or in an apprenticeship type manner just to add some experience to your CV?

Associate
If you can take the A+ at a reasonably low outlay (ie, exam only), then take it, as it won't harm your employability. Certainly don't take the CCNA off though.

Do you have any experience outside of public/personal computing/support? If not, is there anywhere you can offer your services either for free, or in an apprenticeship type manner just to add some experience to your CV?

Il probably take the A+ exams next week then. Im straight out of education so no retail style work experience.

Back
Top Bottom