****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
http://fus.nanzen.se/

Use this command for the O2 firmware> CheckFusDownloader_v0.5.exe -dl I9100XWKDD/I9100O2UKD1/I9100XXKDH/I9100XWKDD O2U GT-I9100

F:\temp>CheckFusDownloader_v0.5.exe -dl I9100XWKDD/I9100O2UKD1/I9100XXKDH/I9100X
WKDD O2U GT-I9100
Model: GT-I9100
PDA: I9100XWKDD
CSC: I9100O2UKD1
PHONE: I9100XXKDH
PCODE: O2U

------== Retrieved info ==------
LATEST_FW_VERSION: I9100XWKDD/I9100O2UKD1/I9100XXKDH/I9100XWKDD
BINARY_NAME: GT-I9100_O2U_1_20110426201254.zip.enc2
LAST_MODIFIED: 20110426200703
BINARY_CRC: 3260487406
Downloading file. Please wait...

Soldato
O2 AND DHL TAKE THE MICK!!!!!

they gave my phone to someone who i dont even know! i live at number 18 and number 5 is a good walk down the road on the opersite side, i had no calling card, and only found out from online tracking. there is no one in the house and for all i know they could just keep it!

complained to DHL and they said O2 don't want the phones taken back and 'force' DHL to delivery even if the neighbour is down the road!!!!

im fuming been knocking on number 5 on and off for the last hour :(

Soldato
Phoned the local Hereford O2 shop so see if I could just go pick up a phone on contract tomorrow instead of waiting for my order online. Was told they sold out in 48hrs and wouldn't be getting more till thursday next week. I didn't mention it was contract or payg. The guy never asked either. Kinda crap for non contract people if they are really only selling with a commitment of a contract.

It's not that bad, you can get it on a £10.50 a month 24 month contract if you cancel the £3 web bolt on then it's £150 for the phone =£402 in total, and then buy the contract out.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's unlucky Jimlad, if they keep it they're breaking the law because your package has your address on surely!

All these options for apps is getting me really confused :D

I suppose it's a good thing though.

What do you do with the default ones that are installed? Can you hide them?

You can hide them using alt launchwers like LauncherPro/GoLauncher and ADW, easy enough.

You can "freeze" them using Titanium backup if you're rooted or uninstall them entirely too.

What browsers are decent for [private browsing does anyone know? Ii'd prefer to do online banking and things in such a mode.

Associate
Looking at taking the route a few ppls have done from Desire to GS II. May seem like a silly question but can you transfer your paid for apps over on Android from one device to another?

Soldato
Outa the blue mine turned up today. Only O2 start up screens, no other branding on the phone itself. First impressions is its a massive screen coming from my Bold 9700. Also the fact that i have no idea how to do anything lol.

Associate
That's unlucky Jimlad, if they keep it they're breaking the law because your package has your address on surely!

You can hide them using alt launchwers like LauncherPro/GoLauncher and ADW, easy enough.

You can "freeze" them using Titanium backup if you're rooted or uninstall them entirely too.

What browsers are decent for [private browsing does anyone know? Ii'd prefer to do online banking and things in such a mode.

Yeah, I'm using LauncherPro, so might look into doing it on there :)

I downloaded some icons earlier, but couldn't get the bloody app to see them! Turned out that I hadn't unzipped the files. Noob :(

Soldato

its just mean of DHL! i would rather the 2 mile drive to the collection centre FFS! grrrrrrrrrr

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Looking at taking the route a few ppls have done from Desire to GS II. May seem like a silly question but can you transfer your paid for apps over on Android from one device to another?

They're tied with your google account so you can reinstall them off the Market but if you've enabled Google backup then Android will resync them and their settings over the air when you log into the phone for the first time anyway.

Soldato
All these options for apps is getting me really confused :D

I suppose it's a good thing though.

What do you do with the default ones that are installed? Can you hide them?

I used to put the built in apps that i did'nt use but did'nt want to remove into one folder.

Last edited:
Associate
They're tied with your google account so you can reinstall them off the Market but if you've enabled Google backup then Android will resync them and their settings over the air when you log into the phone for the first time anyway.

Thanks Khaaan, that made my mind up now , time to see what deal can be got :D

Soldato
O2 AND DHL TAKE THE MICK!!!!!

they gave my phone to someone who i dont even know! i live at number 18 and number 5 is a good walk down the road on the opersite side, i had no calling card, and only found out from online tracking. there is no one in the house and for all i know they could just keep it!

complained to DHL and they said O2 don't want the phones taken back and 'force' DHL to delivery even if the neighbour is down the road!!!!

im fuming been knocking on number 5 on and off for the last hour :(

I had a phone delivered today and just left in the hallway of the building I live in.

From what I can see nobody has signed for it. Also I didn't get any confirmation email from O2 to even say the order was processed so no way to track it.

Soldato
anyone get a delay when turning on the screen by pressing the home button to show the lock screen when the phone is locked? i get one about 1 second wait time sometimes. it's the only thing i wait for and i don't like it.

Yes im getting this but thought it might have something to do with Widget lock.

Associate
Can't decide if I should get this phone or wait a few weeks for the Sensation. Upgrade time has long passed, currently with T-Mob, but looking to change to Vodafone. Have checked out plenty of reviews on both, anything other than the obvious differences I need to consider?

RAM: SGS2 - more ram (Do I really need the extra?)
INTERFACE: Sensation - Uses sense, played with SGS2 in store and not big fan of their touchwiz, so would probably end up rooting or very least installing another launcher. Currently have a Desire, rooted and running 2.3. I think I do miss sense! Not 100%!

Anything else?

I prefer the curves of the HTC over the 80's Volvo style of the Samsung. Looks like which ever phone it's gonna be a 24 month contract, so need to make sure I pick the right one.

Back
Top Bottom