BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
So sad to see the amazing pings you're getting; I had similar stats when I first got infinity installed:

1229116280.png

For the past few days:

1290365012.png

Engineer was supposed to come today but never showed. Rang up BT and they said there was a problem in their system and I should get a visit tomorrow. I am pretty sure I won't get a visit from them tomorrow either.

If they don't show up tomorrow I'm going to take further action as they are failing to provide me with a service they guaranteed.

Fingers crossed it gets fixed tomorrow and I'm back to full speed.
=/

Associate
Would like to recommend anyone and everyone to steer clear of BT Infinity and opt for FTTC from another provider. Have had a month long debacle and BT still can't install because their computer systems are total rubbish.

Associate
Is it easy to turn off and opt out of the BT FON and BT Openzone stuff?

Is this stuff turned on by default on the router?

Its on by default, easy to turn off on the BTFON website.

Its decent tho means you can use other peoples WiFi while your out if needed :p

Had Infinity over a month now, random speedtests:

NL gives better results:

Pings are awesome to 90% of EU servers (Under 30ms)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well the engineer just came thank god. He explained to me there was a problem on the exchange last week and for some reason after the issue was fixed my line didn't resync back to full speed. He reset the line and everything seems good again:

1290917108.png

Hope it holds now!

Associate
Had BT Infinity since 12th October last year so thats about 7 months or so now and I have to say I am delighted with the service which also has BTFon switched on. It seems to be completely transparent to me as I cant detect when anyone else is using the hot spot, the only way I can find out if somebody is using it is to look at the hub BTFon useage - nothing to fret about in my opinion and I can use other hot spots when I am out and about for free. Oh and the speed test is about the same now as it was at the start.

Soldato
I just hope when the engineer comes he will be succesfull in installing Infinity.

Its going to be a tough one.

My master socket is by my front door on the bottom floor. The Telephone wire comes from the mast out side too my roof (3 floors up) and down the front of the house.

What I need him to do is disconnect the master socket from down stairs, get on his ladder, drill a whole in to my roof, pass the main telephone wire in to the roof rafters and then from here Im not sure.

He will have to create a master socket from scratch up here. There are telephone sockets but they are extensions from the current master socket.

After doing this, in order to not cut of the rest of the house's telphones, he will then have to trail another wire from the new mastersocket, back down to where the old master socket used to be to connect the network.

Think its doable?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I think he means BT rather than the Infinity product, which i can understand tbh. As they have caused me a fair bit of hassle in the past....

Last edited:
Soldato
I specifically asked both BT and BE, that I wouldnt get disconnected from the internet before the installation of my Infinity service.

BT said it would be fine, BE werent sure.

I put my order through yesterday.

Did anyone else get disconnected before the installation of their Infinity service?

I recieved an email from BE telling me (On work internet):

"Looks like something's gone wrong! BT have told us that your phone line has ceased.

Really sorry but we've had to suspend your BE service as we need an active BT line for our service to work; you'll need to get your BT line working soon (within 30 days) or we'll have to cancel your service.

To get BE again, you will have to pay a ��10.21 reactivation fee, though we will waive this if you contact us within 7 days of deactivation. There may be a connection charge as well, if we need to get the BT guys
to plug your line into the BE network. Why has this happened? There's quite a few reasons actually: you might have moved house, changed your phone number, or you've cancelled your line because you
don't like BT anymore.

Please get in touch with us ASAP on 0808 101 3430 - we'd love to hear from you...even if it's just to say good-bye."

All the best

Everyone @ BE

Its not just losing my internet before, but I wont have any internet after either, if it cant be installed!

Im already getting ****ed off with BT.....

Last edited:
Associate
I specifically asked both BT and BE, that I wouldnt get disconnected from the internet before the installation of my Infinity service.

Did anyone else get disconnected before the installation of their Infinity service?

That doesn't sound right at all. My previous internet connection with O2 worked fine right up until the morning of the Infinity installation when the engineer phoned me and told me he was at the cabinet and about to disconnect my broadband.

Not sure what they're playing at with you, I can only tell you it's not what should happen.

Soldato

I migrated from Be to FTTC (Idnet not BT Infinity) but I never got got disconnected in the same sense as you and it was active until the OR engineer came to install FTTC.

Associate

I migrated from Orange to BT Infinity and the only downtime was the hour or so it took the engineer to connect up to FTTC, what you are saying there doesn't sound right at all, I think there must be some confusion somewhere - can't think why though.

Soldato
opethdisciple, usually what happens is the engineer calls you on your land line telling you he's switching over to bt infinity at the exchange and then he comes once his work is done at the cabinet, usually 10-15 minutes later. That's what happened when the engineer did my installation.

Back
Top Bottom