****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Associate
aye mine has been working at a low signal too until a couple of days ago, but if i turn wifi off when its slow, then turn it on again the strength is still silly low but the speed is quick

Soldato
Just trying to update the phone and it keeps saying:

Firmware upgrade stopped because GT-19100 has been disconnected. Please check the connection and try again.

any idea's ? phone is connected by USB :S

Soldato
Well that worried me, was trying to upgrade and it got to the point where the screen on the phone says 'Downloading' don't disconnect the device etc etc and then Kies said it had failed and I'd need to run the Emergency Firmware Recovery :o

Tried the emergency recovery a couple of times and it wasn't working, couldn't do anything so I tried to turn off the device and power button didn't work and wasn't planning to take the battery out just yet, ended up disconnecting and reconnecting the usb cable, tried the emergency recovery again and it worked, phone back up and running with the latest update, phew... :p

Soldato
For manual update if you're having problems with Kies

1) Firmware

Download the correct firmware for your phone. Extract the zip file to a tar file. Do not extract the tar file.

Sim Free Firmware - I9100XWKE1_I9100XXKDJ_I9100XEUKD1
O2UK Firmware - I9100XWKE1_I9100XXKDJ_I9100O2UKE1

2) Download Odin (flash utility)

Odin3-v1.85.zip

3) Prepare Odin

Launch Odin and check "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time"
Load the firmware downloaded in step 1 in PDA.

1z5ohp3.jpg

4)Download mode.
Put the phone in to Download mode ready for flashing
- Power Off
- Press and hold Vol Down + Home + Power.
- Once the Andriod logo is displayed connect the phone to PC
- in Odin ID:COM will turn yellow. You are now ready to flash.

141jons.jpg

5) A Successful Flash

f3ypg4.jpg

6) Factory Reset (Optional)

There are three ways to reset the phone, through Dialer, Settings or Recovery mode.

- Dialer, enter *2767*3855#
- Settings, Privacy, Factory data reset.
- Recovery mode. Power off the phone, press and hold Vol Up + Home + Power. Use the Vol keys to navigate the menus and Home to action.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Kies giving me the dll load fail error during firmware update so I kicked it in the teeth and used Odin. Super duper now. Flashed the KDD insecure kernel, re-rooted, then flashed KE1 original kernel and all is good.

Odin and SuperOneClick make rooting and flashing so easy on this :p I remember the ADB command days......*feels old*

Associate
My battery info has changed now, no longer does Android OS appear to be taking up 50%+ it now shows as 13%. Also when in Contacts and Favourites a have noticed a grid vuew, has that always been there?

how do you get battery info? ignore found it

Associate
How do you update the firmware on this phone? Is it using the Kies software? Because i've downloaded that, and it's unable to connect. USB debugging is turned off, and Kies is also running on the phone when it's connected. The phone seems to connect fine, it's in Device Manager, and shows up in My Computer too.

So W T eff?

Soldato
Got my phone today, only thing that is confusing me, is there any way to search in the web browser, as the only place i can see at the minute is the address bar, and you can't add spaces there

Soldato
Got my phone today, only thing that is confusing me, is there any way to search in the web browser, as the only place i can see at the minute is the address bar, and you can't add spaces there

The address bar is the search bar, and you can add spaces. If you want the proper search bar press and hold the menu button.

Soldato
Still see the below error when the phone reboot after a flash or hard reset. Does anyone else have the same error.

Code:
-- Applying Multi-CSC...
Installing Multi-CSC
Can't access to '/system/csc/XEU/system/'.
Successfully applied multi-CSC.

Now that a lot of you will be flashing please check the device on first boot please. It's the last part of the yellow text. I just want to see if it's some error in my file system.

Back
Top Bottom