Product Catalogue !?

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
This post is mainly aimed towards professional web developers but feel free to chip in with any thoughts.

What CMS software are people using to manage an online product catalogue? I'm not talking about ecommerce stores that process payments, more just a simple online product catalogue with categories, detail pages, downloads, etc.

I'm struggling to come up with the ideal solution for a project.

I use Joomla/Wordpress as a standard CMS, but I can't seem to find a product catalogue component that works with Joomla 1.6.

I use Magento when dealing with online commerce, but that's overkill, unnecessarily complicated and is weak on the CMS (pages, articles, media) side of things.

So, what do you use?

Associate
I currently use symphony cms for this kind of work (and most of my work). It's incredibly flexible and more of a framework but at the same time allows you to develop complicated product catalogues.

The only downside is that it is a very steep learning curve initially as you need to learn xlst and understand their data model - however once you've spent the time learning it, it's great for many kinds of projects, small to large.

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
OP
Thanks, I'll take a look at Symphony CMS, it's not something I've heard much about.

I've been playing around with Drupal, particular the Views module. But I've a bit of learning to do after years of Joomla, Wordpress and CodeIgniter development.

Back
Top Bottom