Interrupt Requests

Associate
Hi Guys,

My computer has gained an annoying habit of having a load of interrupt requests.... things will be going fine then all of a sudden the computer slows down music starts skipping, and the mouse jumps around the screen instead of moving smoothly...

I checked in the resource monitor and the process at the top is called System Interrupts, which hogs a great deal of the system resources...

After about a minute of faffing around it moves down the list and everything is fine as before.

Now I've updated all my drivers, and Haven't OC'd anything...

Any ideas guys?

Associate
OP
I have looked through the device manager and there appears to be nothing thats untoward... I think it may be something to do with the NIC as the connection drops when the pc is undergoing the Interrupt process... But can't see anything wrong there!

Associate
Bump, anyone got an idea? mine ain't as bad as Gav's, but mainly happens with videos playing from like Youtube really :(

Also the internet can go on and off like Gav's too, but this isn't as bad.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Could be a host of things frankly. Could be a failing device, a conflict... Would be unlikely to happen to two different machine if it was a mobo hardware failure nobody else heard about.

have a look into msinfo32.exe, could be something sticking out.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
There are a few IRQ's on there...

They all have numbers next to them.. not sure really what I'm looking at so i have attached a screenshot

J.B

J.B

Soldato
I vaguely remember something similar to this years ago when the AMD Phenoms first appeared.

Have you checked if there is a BIOS update for that motherboard?

Associate
google a bit for RATTV3, it can help identify which driver is causing the slowdowns, but be prepared as its not really the simplest of things to use :( some of the forum posts returned on the search will give more info on how to use it.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, am at work at the moment.. so will do a bit of a search later on and give it a shot!

Will try and update MoBo drivers when I get in...

Back
Top Bottom