**HAZRO HZ27WA & HZ27WC ARRIVING SOON INCLUDING NONE-GLASS VERSIONS!**

OcUK Staff
Hi there

We have the Hazro's back in, were continuing to do the glass versions because even though some have some very minor dust issues there is still incredible demand in place as the positives far outweigh the negatives of the glass screen. :)

However for those who are put off by the possibility of dust behind the glass which happens with all glass fronted monitors, including NEC's we also have some none-glass fronted panels which obviously suffer from no dust issues.

So now you can truly get an amazing 27" IPS based panel for nearly half the price of the DELL equivalent. :)

SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICE UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY (24/05/2011)

Hazro HZ27WC 8-Bit 27" LED Widescreen Professional Monitor - Black @ £374.99 inc VAT

MO-013-HO_400.jpg

The HZ27WA and HZ27WC are Hazro's new line of WQHD resolution monitors built around LED backlight IPS panels. Featuring a 2560x1440 resolution [WQHD], these monitors are ideal for creative professionals and gamers who demand nothing but the very best. IPS panels are preferred for their superior true color values, the most consistent image and a superior viewing angle as compared to other LCD technologies.

The HZ27WC features the same high resolution LED IPS panel found in the HZ27WA without scaling functionality. Video content bypasses scalers making the HZ27WC ideal for gaming and multimedia video production. The superfast 6ms response [grey to grey] minimises streaking and ghosting resulting in visibly less smear and blur around fast moving objects.

Features:-
- LED Backlight Standard Color Gamut S-IPS
- 2560x1440 Resolution
- 1000:1 / 1,000,000:1 (Dynamic)
- 178/178 Viewing Angle
- 420cd/m Brightness
- 6ms gtg response time
- 72% NTSC / 100% sRGB coverage
- 1 x Dual Link DVI-D [HDCP Supported]
- 2.5mm Audio out
- Kensignton Security Port
- 8bits [16.7Million colors]
- Dual Link DVI-D Cable, 2.5mm Audio Cable, 24V External Power Adapter, UK
- PIP/POP, Mapping: Not Supported
- Only available to customers in the United Kingdom
- 3yr RTB Warranty (UK customer only)

Was [£439.99] Inc. VAT

Only £374.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Hazro HZ27WC 8-Bit 27" LED Widescreen Professional Glass Monitor - Black @ £374.99 inc VAT

MO-011-HO_400.jpg

The HZ27WA and HZ27WC are Hazro's new line of WQHD resolution monitors built around LED backlight IPS panels. Featuring a 2560x1440 resolution [WQHD], these monitors are ideal for creative professionals and gamers who demand nothing but the very best. IPS panels are preferred for their superior true color values, the most consistent image and a superior viewing angle as compared to other LCD technologies.

The HZ27WC features the same high resolution LED IPS panel found in the HZ27WA without scaling functionality. Video content bypasses scalers making the HZ27WC ideal for gaming and multimedia video production. The superfast 6ms response [grey to grey] minimises streaking and ghosting resulting in visibly less smear and blur around fast moving objects.

These monitors use a glass coating on the front which results in much sharper images quality, more vibrant colours and an overall better viewing experience. The downfalls of glass fronted panel is the monitor weighs a lot more and the manufacturing process can lead to dust particles been trapped between the panel and the glass which can sometimes be spotted when up very close to the screen and with certain solid coloured backgrounds.

- Glass front panel for improved image quality
- 2560x1440 Resolution
- 1000:1 / 1,000,000:1 (Dynamic)
- 178/178 Viewing Angle
- 420cd/m Brightness
- 6ms gtg response time
- 2.5mm Audio out
- 8bits [16.7Million colors]
- Dual Link DVI-D Cable, 2.5mm Audio Cable, 24V External Power Adapter, UK
- PIP/POP, Mapping: Not Supported

Was [£459.99] Inc. VAT

Only £374.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Hazro HZ27WA 10-Bit 27" LED Widescreen Professional Monitor - Black @ £479.99 inc VAT

MO-014-HO_400.jpg

The HZ27WA features dual scalers and a glossy 10bit S-IPS panel capable of displaying 1.07billion colours. This extended pallet outputs brighter, crisper and sharper content allowing for separation and distinction of colours not otherwise possible on traditional LCDs. With HDMI, DVI and Component (Y/Pb/Pr) inputs, interacting with high definition video and media input has never been easier.

- 2560x1440 Resolution
- 178/178 Viewing Angle
- 420cd/m Brightness
- 6ms gtg response time
- 1 x HDMI
- 2 x RGB VGA
- 1 x Component Y/Pb/Pr
- 1 x L/R RCA Audio
- 2.5mm Audio in & out
- SPDIF Optical Out
- 1 x USB [service port]
- 10bits [1.07Billion colors with A-FRC]
- 27” Diagonal 68.47cm (WQHD), 59.67x35.57cm visible area
- 1000:1(Typ.) / 1,000,000:1(Dynamic)
- Dual Link DVI-D Cable, HDMI Cable, VGA Cable, 2.5mm Audio Cable, 24V External
- PIP Supported; 1:1 mapping/ Aspect Ratio
- Tilt: VESA 100x100 (M4 thread]
- Speakers: Yes, 5W Per Channel; max 10W

Was [£515.99] Inc. VAT

Only £479.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Hazro HZ27WA 10-Bit 27" LED Widescreen Professional Glass Monitor - Black @ £479.99 inc VAT

MO-010-HO_400.jpg

The HZ27WA features dual scalers and a glossy 10bit S-IPS panel capable of displaying 1.07billion colours. This extended pallet outputs brighter, crisper and sharper content allowing for separation and distinction of colours not otherwise possible on traditional LCDs. With HDMI, DVI and Component (Y/Pb/Pr) inputs, interacting with high definition video and media input has never been easier.

These monitors use a glass coating on the front which results in much sharper images quality, more vibrant colours and an overall better viewing experience. The downfalls of glass fronted panel is the monitor weighs a lot more and the manufacturing process can lead to dust particles been trapped between the panel and the glass which can sometimes be spotted when up very close to the screen and with certain solid coloured backgrounds.

- Glass front panel for improved image quality
- 2560x1440 Resolution
- 178/178 Viewing Angle
- 420cd/m Brightness
- 6ms gtg response time
- 1 x HDMI
- 2 x RGB VGA
- 1 x Component Y/Pb/Pr
- 1 x L/R RCA Audio
- 2.5mm Audio in & out
- SPDIF Optical Out
- 1 x USB [service port]
- 10bits [1.07Billion colors with A-FRC]
- 27” Diagonal 68.47cm (WQHD), 59.67x35.57cm visible area
- 1000:1(Typ.) / 1,000,000:1(Dynamic)
- Dual Link DVI-D Cable, HDMI Cable, VGA Cable, 2.5mm Audio Cable, 24V External
- PIP Supported; 1:1 mapping/ Aspect Ratio
- Tilt: VESA 100x100 (M4 thread]
- Speakers: Yes, 5W Per Channel; max 10W

Was [£529.99] Inc. VAT

Only £479.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

The stock is due early next week and were holding this incredible pre-order price until next tuesday ONLY! So get your orders in now if you want an absolute bargain and what is a truly stunning monitor. :)

Hazro have informed me on this new batch they have taken extreme measures to limit any dust but for those who don't want to take the risk, the none-glass version is more appropiate.

Soldato
none-glass / non-glass? yeah could you expand on this.

Still for this price wishing I hadnt just bought that Hanns G as a stand in till next year. This could have done the job just as nicely.

OcUK Staff
OP
none-glass / non-glass? yeah could you expand on this.

Still for this price wishing I hadnt just bought that Hanns G as a stand in till next year. This could have done the job just as nicely.

It means they are not glass fronted, just a typical normal monitor would be.

OcUK Staff
OP
does having the glass improve the quality ?

what is the benefit of having the glass?

any other comments to help me decide which to go for?

Positves of the glass is a sharper image and more vibrant colours, overall image quality just looks superb.

Negatives is dust can come trapped between glass and the LCD which some people spot when looking very closely or inspecting the monitor, they can appear as what seem dead pixels. Some people spot these and others struggle to spot them.

Associate
Gibbo,

Can I please have an update on whether the problems when using a GTX580 with the Hazro monitors have been resolved yet? If not, have Hazro given a timescale when this is likely to be resolved? Whilst I would love to get this monitor at a great price, I cannot commit to potentially being stuck with issues for an unknown amount of time.

Flyer01

Soldato
Positves of the glass is a sharper image and more vibrant colours, overall image quality just looks superb.

Negatives is dust can come trapped between glass and the LCD which some people spot when looking very closely or inspecting the monitor, they can appear as what seem dead pixels. Some people spot these and others struggle to spot them.

Are these non-glass-fronted versions in response to demand from many consumers who were unhappy with dust build-up problems? There was a post here from Hazro and lots of discussion surrounding it suggesting that models should be launched which are very similar but don't include the cover.... I think what people really want to know is what kind of coating is being used on the screen. If the screen is smooth with a typical chemical anti-reflective coating and therefore the screen is still effectively glossy this wouldn't inhibit performance compared to the glass covered-version but dust wouldn't be a problem.

This was my understanding of what Hazro were doing or have done here.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Are these non-glass-fronted versions in response to demand from many consumers who were unhappy with dust build-up problems? There was a post here from Hazo and lots of discussion surrounding it suggesting that models should be launched which are very similar but don't include the cover.... I think what people really want to know is what kind of coating is being used on the screen. If the screen is smooth with a typical chemical anti-reflective coating and therefore the screen is still effectively glossy this wouldn't inhibit performance compared to the glass covered-version but dust wouldn't be a problem.

This was my understanding of what Hazro were doing or have done here.

Shall point your question to Hazro.
We specified to them we wanted none glass versions for our customers who did not want a glass fronted monitor due to possible dust issues.

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo,

Can I please have an update on whether the problems when using a GTX580 with the Hazro monitors have been resolved yet? If not, have Hazro given a timescale when this is likely to be resolved? Whilst I would love to get this monitor at a great price, I cannot commit to potentially being stuck with issues for an unknown amount of time.

Flyer01

If you mean the HDCP issue with certain VGA cards on the 8-bit panel then I believe Hazro are still looking into it as there seems to be a compatibility with certain cards.
However there are ways around HDCP issues I believe that are software based, but as to how I would not be in the know.

Hazro confirm the 10-bit panels don't seem to have any compatibility issues.

Associate
how much improved is their QC for the dust?
I'm sure they can't guarantee dust free, but some people had chunks of dust rather than a speck or two.

The glass fronted one is awesome.

How much of a difference would it be without the glass, noticeable or not?

Soldato
is the dust something that arrives from the factory, or it is something that gets worse with time ?

is there a way the dust gets in?

can it be blown out?

Associate
is the dust something that arrives from the factory, or it is something that gets worse with time ?

is there a way the dust gets in?

can it be blown out?

I had dust in mines and it wasn't removable. The bottom right hand corner of the enclosure had a little gap (all the dust was there).
Other people have had dust and some are saying it gets worse over time. Others are saying they have pristine screens.

I guess it was luck (or was luck if they have improved QC) which one you got.

Soldato
I had dust in mines and it wasn't removable. The bottom right hand corner of the enclosure had a little gap (all the dust was there).
Other people have had dust and some are saying it gets worse over time. Others are saying they have pristine screens.

I guess it was luck (or was luck if they have improved QC) which one you got.

thanks

apart from the dust, are you happy with yours?

Associate
another question

how much better is the 10bit over the 8bit ?

I personally went for it because of the scalers and connectivity, want to connect PS3 and xbox360 via HDMI.

I'm not that great with RGB and all that so I'm sure some of the more learned people on this forum will be able to chip in with a more informative response.

taken from : tftcentral

From a technical point of view here is a quick summary of the differences between the HZ27WA and HZ27WC:

HZ27WA - DL-DVI, 1x HDMI, 2x VGA and component interfaces available. Provided with cables for 1x DL-DVI, 1x VGA, 1x HDMI, 1x stereo audio and power supply (no component). OSD available. 2 in-built scalers offering hardware level aspect ratio control. These also allow for additional controller board level frame rate control for 10-bit sources and support of higher colour depth where available. Dynamic contrast ratio available. 5 defined adjustments possible to backlight intensity. Slightly higher retail cost.

HZ27WC - DL-DVI interface only. Comes packaged with DVI and stereo cables only. No OSD menu available, only quick access control over power, backlight and volume. 11 defined steps for backlight intensity control. There are no scalers available on this model so the support for 10-bit sources and aspect ratio control are not available. Lower retail price as a result of these cut-backs.

In terms of performance the screens are quite similar. I can't fairly analyse their default factory settings as the HZ27WA unit was not factory calibrated when it was sent to me. If the HZ27WC's very good out of the box performance is anything to go by then this is very promising. A good default setting and the contrast ratio issue had been fixed. Responsiveness was slightly different on the HZ27WC with an ever so slightly more noticeable blur, but freedom from the RTC overshoot we saw on the HZ27WA. The input lag was considerably lower which is great for those wanting to use this screen for fast gaming. The HZ27WC is more suited for gamers as a result. The HZ27WA holds the edge for multimedia and movies thanks to its additional interfaces, aspect ratio control and dynamic contrast ratio. In other areas the performance was very comparable and impressive.

Soldato
thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated

the only reason i wanted 10bit was for more colour accuracy for photo editing

im not sure that the quality will be noticable between the two

Man of Honour
another question

how much better is the 10bit over the 8bit ?

Not something I've really looked into but IIRC most consumer GPUs can only do 10bit over display port (which these monitors don't have an input for) and only very recent GPUs can actually do 10bit anyhow - for example nVidias 200 series have hardware support for it in the spec but not enabled by many vendors for instance.

Back
Top Bottom