Please help! Pc for bf!

Permabanned
Personally i'd get him a gift card, people have different opinions about what they want in a PC and he'll know exactly what he wants. Easier for you and hell probably be happier choosing exactly what he wants!

Associate
OP
Right I've just had a big chat with him, he just gave me my bday present as we have close birthdays (going to Paris yay! ), so I showed him the spec that rexton said he would be well happy with that :) so just a case he like all these light flashing silly boys :p something like the zalman 29 if all the items fit in the case.

Really really thank you to everyone that has helped!

Caporegime
The Zalman Z9 plus is perfect, and will accept all the parts.

Its loaded with fans.

Has a fan controller and a sensor temp probe to place where you like.

Cable management holes.

Last edited:
Associate
Agreed with Stulid, Zalman Z9 is a great value case, and seems to have the "flashy light things" your boyfriend would like.

Associate
I haven't said he should pirate. I'm simply stating if he does then it would be a waste of money in his eyes. This is a present for him after all. You wouldn't buy someone something they didn't want regardless would you.

Is that so.

Either way I said I didn't want to get into a debate about piracy. All I was doing is pointing it out in case it applies.

Please don't try and argue semantics, you were clearly making a case for pirating Windows 7 and by stating "i don't want a debate", all you were saying is that you don't want anyone to disagree with you. I don't know anyone who's enough of a tool to go "oh you shouldn't pay real money for good software, i haz bittorrentz lolz roflcopter", but evidently this is not the case for you.

Oh, and don't act condescending when somebody says there are viruses on bittorrent. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly deluded.

Soldato
Hi. Is this supposed to be a surprise? My thought is that, though it would ruin the surprise if one was intended, if you reveal your intentions to your boyfriend, it may turn out that he would prefer to also contribute some money towards it himself and end up with a more satisfying final result. Then you could choose stuff together. And you could still wrap bits up :). Just a thought.

EDIT: Doh - missed that you've already discussed it with him. Never mind - ignore me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The surprise is when she builds it for him:D so he can stay on the sofa and watch the F1/Football.

Lol. But nah - a much better surprise is her wearing all the components, then the build slowly reveals more girlfriend, until it's finished, and then... well ya know. Problem is if he's a novice builder, she would have to stand around for rather a long time and probably get a cramp or cold or something.

Sorry, I'll stop there. I'm hapily married and absolutely not a perv. Of any kind. Honestly.

Associate
Please don't try and argue semantics, you were clearly making a case for pirating Windows 7 and by stating "i don't want a debate", all you were saying is that you don't want anyone to disagree with you. I don't know anyone who's enough of a tool to go "oh you shouldn't pay real money for good software, i haz bittorrentz lolz roflcopter", but evidently this is not the case for you.

Oh, and don't act condescending when somebody says there are viruses on bittorrent. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly deluded.

I don't see how you think he was possibly making a case for piracy. He was simply trying to help the OP understand her boyfriends preference. All you're doing is taking the fact he said the word piracy as truth that he himself encourages it.

Soldato
I don't see how you think he was possibly making a case for piracy. He was simply trying to help the OP understand her boyfriends preference. All you're doing is taking the fact he said the word piracy as truth that he himself encourages it.

The guy is an idiot, I decided to not reply so that it wouldn't continue. You're only feeding the troll. His argument about the root kits already showed how ignorant he is anyway. The people who do those kinds of cracks take great pride in their work and have reputations to uphold.

Lets keep the thread on track. The point has been made to her and it's up to her as to if she thinks he will or won't appreciate windows 7 as a result.

Last edited:
Associate
Ahahaha, you seriously believe there aren't cracks riddled with viruses? That's like saying "no, filthy whores obviously don't have STDs, they take PRIDE in their work. they have REPUTATIONS. it's not as if it's illegal or anything. i won't bother with a condom, it's fine."

Back
Top Bottom