****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Caporegime
Very good post here about how Class 10 ccards are a waste of money for phones when Class 4 levels provide everything you need at much less cost http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/sho...roSD-card-should-I-buy-Find-the-answer-within!

As the poster says, the only time a Class 10 would be important is when copying data to and from the PC, and once the initial setup and music loading are done... you ain't going to be doing too much of that imo.

Caporegime
Very good post here about how Class 10 ccards are a waste of money for phones when Class 4 levels provide everything you need at much less cost http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/sho...roSD-card-should-I-buy-Find-the-answer-within!

As the poster says, the only time a Class 10 would be important is when copying data to and from the PC, and once the initial setup and music loading are done... you ain't going to be doing too much of that imo.

I'm forever loading entire tv series on to my phone, but then I do it whilst cooking or something similar so it isn't the end of the world.

tbh my 16gb class 10 cost £19.99 with delivery. how much cheaper could i have got that card if it was say class 4? it's not a huge loss for a faster card which i also assume will sell a tad higher in a year/2 years when i upgrade again

Caporegime
tbh my 16gb class 10 cost £19.99 with delivery. how much cheaper could i have got that card if it was say class 4? it's not a huge loss for a faster card which i also assume will sell a tad higher in a year/2 years when i upgrade again

Obviously it refers more to the expensive 32GB cards, for which Class 10 often carries a ~40% premium. 16GB cards are plentiful and cheap in comparison.

Last edited:
Soldato
As T-Mobile can't get the phone in till June, they suggested I go into Carphone Warehouse and upgrade through them and I can get the same deal.

Once I was in CPW they told me they could match the contract but I would still have to pay £99 for the phone. No way I'm paying for the phone (or going for a different contract) so looks like I'll just have to be patient and wait for T-mobile to release the thing.

Apparently T-Mobile are thoroughly testing the mobile to ensure the phone is ok to sell. Obviously not in a rush given every other competitor has it and there aren't any widely experience problems with the device.

Associate
You can now unlock these for free. All you need is the nv_data.bin file to calculate your unlock code.

If you upload your nv_data.bin I can send you , your unlock code.

You need to have root to get your nv_data.bin file. Its in efs folder. Use a file manager to copy to your sd card then upload.

Back
Top Bottom