• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zalman VF3000F GFX Cooler

Associate
Does the 480 version fit the MSi 480's? I read somewhere that the MSi uses different components from the reference design and it might cause some fitting problems with aftermarket coolers.

If it does fit, then I'll definitely be getting of these.

Associate
so is this definately a 3 slot cooler, if so no good for me as i have sli, and cannot use the 3rd pcie slot due to its close proximity to my psu,

Soldato
Does fitting this cooler void the warranty?

Depends on manufacturer and how much of a mess you make. Some cards have tamper stickers on the screws, some don't.

Says this on all the graphics coolers sold at OcUK.

OcUK said:
PLEASE NOTE REMOVING THE STOCK COOLER MAY INVALIDATE YOUR GRAPHICS CARD WARRANTY

So basically if you do it then it's your risk. I suppose they don't want people taking the cooling solutions off making a total botch job and not cooling parts that need to be cooled and then having to repair/replace.

Still I changed my cooler and know that if I needed to put the stock back on then it would be fine as I kept all screws, heat pads. The only thing that would be different would be that I wont be able to replace the crappy TIM that they put on the GPU.

Back
Top Bottom