**HAZRO HZ27WA & HZ27WC ARRIVING SOON INCLUDING NONE-GLASS VERSIONS!**

Associate
I'll give them until Friday before I cancel. I'm not too happy about having the money taken from my account before they even have stock. I was unaware that OCUK took any funds before despatch.

Associate
Daft question, but in regards to the dust behind the glass issue, if dust can get in, air can get in, so if air can get in, why can't I/We just use a can of compressed air to blast the dust particles out? Or am i missing the obvious here?

Dust got in during assembly, not over time, the screens are mostly air tight thus there is no way of blowing the dust.

cleary overclockers ETA was over ambitious... maybe to influence sales... I pray we haven't been mislead..

Wouldn't be the first time we've been mislead where these monitors are concerned.

I'll give them until Friday before I cancel. I'm not too happy about having the money taken from my account before they even have stock. I was unaware that OCUK took any funds before despatch.

OcUK always take cash as soon as you purchase an item, a lot of companies do so. I don't much like it but it does have its advantages.

Associate
Mhmmm, something just feels fishy. Where buying monitors who only have one review... theres no photographs of the non glass version. Theres also no pre reviews... I really hope I didn't make a mistake.

I hope what I paid for will be a very good product.

Associate
Just coming in to say Hi again to all. We've been away busy with new models but are now back to answer the many Qs customers have on the HZ27WA and HZ27WC models.

Firstly, we are looking at having these units delivered to OCUK on Friday or Tuesday and we sincerely apologize for all those that have been waiting. There's a long list of reasons why its been delayed but we're certain the extra care and time taken to test, assemble and package these will be appreciated by customers. The quality/price ratio is by far the best USP of these displays and we promise the worth will be wait it [especially at the price OCUK have offered].

The non-glass versions don't look 'botched'. We haven't simply removed the glass on one model and retained it on the other as different bezels are used for the 2 models.

Dust cannot get in behind the glass once its assembled - not sure why that was suggested. No photos of the non-glass versions exist because its not a model we will be publicizing. Infact, the non-glass versions were only offered to OCUK to give customers choice should concerns of dust build-up be raised. Admittedly, this creates confusion as to which model would be best but we did warn OCUK about this dilemma.

We're here to answer any questions you have on these 2 models.

Associate
Just ordered the non-glass version

Hazro HZ27WA 10-Bit 27" LED Widescreen Professional Monitor - Black @ £479.99 inc VAT

I hope it's a winner. Not had much luck with screens in the past

Soldato
Just coming in to say Hi again to all. We've been away busy with new models but are now back to answer the many Qs customers have on the HZ27WA and HZ27WC models.

Firstly, we are looking at having these units delivered to OCUK on Friday or Tuesday and we sincerely apologize for all those that have been waiting. There's a long list of reasons why its been delayed but we're certain the extra care and time taken to test, assemble and package these will be appreciated by customers. The quality/price ratio is by far the best USP of these displays and we promise the worth will be wait it [especially at the price OCUK have offered].

The non-glass versions don't look 'botched'. We haven't simply removed the glass on one model and retained it on the other as different bezels are used for the 2 models.

Dust cannot get in behind the glass once its assembled - not sure why that was suggested. No photos of the non-glass versions exist because its not a model we will be publicizing. Infact, the non-glass versions were only offered to OCUK to give customers choice should concerns of dust build-up be raised. Admittedly, this creates confusion as to which model would be best but we did warn OCUK about this dilemma.

We're here to answer any questions you have on these 2 models.

Choice is a great thing, people then have to take their chances as with most things in life :) Does an image look much different when displayed on a glass/none glass screen side by side?

I'm in the market for two screens and at the moment the none glass version makes most sense, less reflections and no dust problem. My main choice is whether I should go with the C version as I only game/web browse, I watch films on my TV and don't own a console....

PS. Good idea to have a regular presence here as has been proved by the MSI rep ScottiB it can make a huge difference to people's perception of your company and product if they have access to a real person ;)

Associate
Unfortunately, these units have become synonymous with dust build-up but we're absolutely confident about these complaints waning as the product matures in the market. The level of scrutiny did surprise us and retailers. The price/quality ratio is by far the best USP [i.e. a 27" LED IPS at a similar price to a 24" monitor] and the image quality/clarity is awesome. We feel the dust was a legitimate problem for some and once reported, other customers [who hadn't noticed initially] also went out their way looking for dust particles. We've changed production methods so these annoyances are now fixed. However, this issue gave birth to 2 new models [non-glass] which are great [for consumer choice] but not so great for us as too many SKUs are difficult to manage/market.

The difference in image quality is subjective but we feel there really isn't much in it [if anything at all] - customer views/feedback on this will ofcourse vary so we would really like to hear your thoughts. Your posts are read and constructive feedback is never ignored. We've taken consumer feedback onboard and considered these issue for future models - next model: 3D ready IPS [there is a 120Hz fullHD panel to which a 3D filter can be applied but its too expensive] so we dropped that.

Associate
Hazro, hey

I'm looking at purchasing one of these. For a consumer, it comes straight out the box, plug and play. I just whack the hdmi in and I'm ready to use? E.g no setup really required.

Thanks

Associate
P.S. we will soon offer open-frame LCD kits [3"~82"] to those interested in creating their own enclosures/bezels/surrounds. We will be offering everything from cables/connectors to panels and power supplies [along with our experience in this field]. Case/PC modding is a mature market but for LCDs, its limited to a few industrial suppliers [LCD modding is quite big in the Far East but not so much here].

Associate
I'm looking at purchasing one of these. For a consumer, it comes straight out the box, plug and play. I just whack the hdmi in and I'm ready to use? E.g no setup really required.Thanks
Correct - as with all displays, you may want to perform basic calibration to suit but its not necessary

Man of Honour
P.S. we will soon offer open-frame LCD kits [3"~82"] to those interested in creating their own enclosures/bezels/surrounds. We will be offering everything from cables/connectors to panels and power supplies [along with our experience in this field]. Case/PC modding is a mature market but for LCDs, its limited to a few industrial suppliers [LCD modding is quite big in the Far East but not so much here].

Could be a bit of a market for this with people wanting more exotic eyefinity/nVidia surround setups, infact will keep my eye out on this as I've been tempted to try something a bit more advanced for my racing game setup.

Associate
Are the Non-glass versions still glossy? And also has there been any fix to the hz27wc problems with nvidia gpu's, or anyway to fix it that people have found that work.

Caporegime
im looking at maybe getting the hazro 27in non glass screen and selling my u2410

what i would need to make this feasible is a vesa stand like the dell one [which the hazro doesnt have] this is essential for me.

the stand must have height adjustment, swivel and tilt, ideally exactly what the dell one has.

I heard from someone on here the old hazros didnt have the best mounts for aftermarket stands, is this fixed/a non issue.

Associate
I've pre-ordered a glass fronted HZ27WC, but I'm getting a bit conflicted about that decision. Not so much about the dust, I think I can live with that, but the reflective glass screen does worry me.

I don't have a light or window directly behind me to shine on the screen, but I do need a fair amount of light when working. I don't want to be staring at my own ugly mug reflected back at me when I'm trying to edit a document...

Will that be a problem? Would the non-glass covered screen reduce reflection significantly?

Associate
I've pre-ordered a glass fronted HZ27WC, but I'm getting a bit conflicted about that decision. Not so much about the dust, I think I can live with that, but the reflective glass screen does worry me.

I don't have a light or window directly behind me to shine on the screen, but I do need a fair amount of light when working. I don't want to be staring at my own ugly mug reflected back at me when I'm trying to edit a document...

Will that be a problem? Would the non-glass covered screen reduce reflection significantly?

Put the light source (i have a touch lamp with 3 brightness intensities, i find the lowest is more than enough!) behind the screen like i do with my current screen, should minimize reflections!

Associate

I have the A-version with glass, about a week, now. It is very reflective, but I am getting used to it. For office stuff it is no problem, as black on white predominates, and you hardly note the reflections. Contrasty photos is another thing. I have to reduce illumination to see the shadows. But overall, I am very happy with this screen. I like it's high pixel density, working with several documents at a time, impressive contrast and colours, it is really great.

I have ordered a glossy antireflective film at photodon.com. I hope it reduces reflections a bit. I didn't like the light antiglare film from photodon. Too much sparkling.

Cheers - Klaus

Back
Top Bottom