The Witcher 2 - Thread

Soldato
Looking better for me now, also feels much smoother. Only problem i have now is with the dlc, but that's their server.
Oh and poor quality shadows which make everything look a little pixelated. but i can live with that. Doesn't look great though.
Basically this is what i am getting with the shadows- http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/shadow_problem/post1

The area around Flotsam is just brilliant. Could spend ages exploring it. Looks stunning

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone getting smooth fps while Frapsing on this game? I've actually raided my hard drives recently so I could get smoother recordings but it still lags like crazy, it drops to around 15fps from about 50-60s on my settings. :(

Any tips?

Soldato
Got it working, was some settings in the catalystCC it didn't like. Been playing most of the prologue. Amazing game :) I have found the combat quite easy due to all the tips in this thread. The fight in the courtyard vs 3 tough guys and some troops was damn tough though. Took me a few tries :]

Using a controller also.

Associate
So where do I get the code from for the Troll DLC?

Which ones bud?

as far as i know u dont need one if u install the patch its included in it and will be installed

Been waiting for this patch can now start playing :) hoping i can download the other dlc i got with the game =] now wouldn't download before

Soldato
Patch fixes some things, includes the Troll Trouble DLC, but breaks x360pad support (analog does not work, dpad has to be used).

Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Soldato
Patch fixes some things, includes the Troll Trouble DLC, but breaks x360pad support (analog does not work, dpad has to be used).

Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Ahhhh so that is a bug then, I found it odd that I could not use the analgue stick but for certain things like the sign selection wheel etc. Wasn't a huge issue though.

Associate
Draug was kinda hard, but in an odd way. When I could flank him, he went down easily, killed him in 3 "flanks". But the problem was getting behind him. Died a few times trying to do it. When I killed him, my life was basically down to a half a centimetre, mainly due to his sword swipes. Second i see him twister-ing I threw up Quen, but I don't like using Quen unless necessary because vigor regen stops, and I use a heavy magic build. (Igni, Aard, Axii mostly, sometimes Yrden.)

Axii's awesome for groups of stuff like shielded knights/mercs, or tough things in general. Much better than it was in TW1. Conversely, Igni is not the win button it used to be, but still alright.

Associate
This patch is odd. The gog monk thing isn't fixed for me - still nowt in the extras section, and since I already won with him, he won't talk to me anymore. Also, the polish language pack dlc problem is still there despite supposedly being resolved by the patch. Grr.

Back
Top Bottom