Gah! Scraped against a brick wall!

Soldato
Urgh, last night i scraped against a brick wall whilst parking (pictures below). :mad: The front of the front wing and bit of the bumper got grazed down to the primer. I've been looking into a Chipsaway or SMART repair. Anyone have any experience of this?

I've got a couple of quotes for a proper respray. One for the majority of the wing and half of the bumper to blend (inc removing all the stonechips from the wing - oddly, the front bumper is in very good condition with almost no stonechips and removing a dent from the wing). They wanted £275 for this. I also asked about the possibility of spraying the whole bonnet and wings and removing the stonechips (the bonnet is very heavily stone chipped) and they wanted £450 for this to get it as near to perfect as possible.

Do these prices sound reasonable?

I got another quote for just the wing and bit of the bumper and the guy wanted £165, but i wasn't very confident in him.

imag0604r.jpg

imag0603.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Touch up pen and be done :p
:eek:

Wash your mouth out!

Just polish it out

If it's down to the primer surely i can't polish it out because theirs no paint to polish? They aren't surface scratches, they are fairly deep grazes.

Anyone know if these prices seem acceptable? I didn't think £450 for bonnet and wings inc dent removal and stone chip removal was *that* bad.

Soldato
Do not use a smart repair for this, waste of time. Get a proper bodyshop to do the work.

Also, painting only part of the bumper doesn't sit right with me. I would want the whole bumper done - this way they can remove all chips/marks etc and there won't be any colour match issues.

Might be an opportunity to freshen up the entire front end of your car (both wings/bonnet and bumper), although the price will be more. Depends what you want.

Soldato
Got a quote from my local body shop to do a repair/respray of damage on 5 pannels inc rear bumper and a scrape on rear arch. Came in @ £400 for a proper job.

Soldato
OP
ahem

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18280766

:p

lol

Serious note, how did you manage that?
:( lol AND my parking sensors have temporarily stopped working too. I was trying to get onto my gf's tiny driveway (it's about 4m by 4m and there are 4 cars on it) and her brother had parked rather badly, it was 11.30pm, i was tired and i just misjudged it slightly :(

At the moment i don't know whether to try an £80 SMART repair (4 people on detailing world recommended a particular chipsaway guy in Cambridge) or just to get the entire front end (bonnet, both wings and bumper) sprayed for £500 at a decent spray place.

Man of Honour
My wife managed to do something similar in her MX-5 which has just come back from Shorade looking better than it did when we bought it.

Back
Top Bottom