• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best card for 4 monitor setup

Associate
I've just inherited 2 nice monitors in addition to the 2 currently on my desk. I use my PC mainly for design work and having 4 monitors would be ideal.

I currently have a 5670 that only supports 2 out. Which card would be the cheapest option to have all 4 monitors spanning my desktop?

I've only got 1 PCIe 16 port so one card would be ideal. I've got a beefy power supply so that won't be an issue.

Any ideas? Been looking at an Eyefinity6 card but it seems a bit over kill just for my design machine.

Associate
OP
Thanks for that - looks like the 6870 is the winner. Might even be able to play some games on that too.

Associate
It's 4, but there is an ASUS model that supports 6 right away, but it's a 3 bay slot monster.

The 6900's can infact support 6 monitors, but an unreleased break away box is needed to daisy chain the monitors.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...6950/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6950-overview.aspx#2

"AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology

Native support for up to 5 simultaneous displays

Up to 6 displays supported with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport
Independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays

Display grouping
Combine multiple displays to behave like a single large display"

Caporegime
For 3 monitors you need 1 with a DisplayPort connection or appropriate adapter.

For 4 monitors you need 2 with DisplayPort connections or appropriate adapters.

For 5 monitors you need 3 with DisplayPort connections or appropriate adapters.

For 6 monitors you need 4 with DisplayPort connections or appropriate adapters.

Back
Top Bottom