Good, SUBTLE case

Associate
My rig is currently housed in an Antec 900 and I don't if puberty has finally kicked in (can but hope) or just changing taste, but i can't stand all the lights and noise and dust it kicks out etc.

I would really like a (large capacity) case which is discreet on the outside, not fans visible everywhere and no side panel and no unnecessary lights.

I quite like the Antec P183 or the Lian Li B25FB? Would just like some opinions on a good one, below is what it needs to be big enough to house

gigabyte x58-ud3r motherboard
a Venom CPU cooler
4 hard drives
an ATI 5870
All the rest but they shouldnt be a problem, also cable management would be nice

Thanks all =D

Associate
As already recommended the A05NB is a great case, as are most Lian Li's. I like the LL cases because they are mainly understated, but they are quite pricey now.

Another one worth looking at might be the CM690, and I also really like the Antec 300 although there are better cases out there now, so it's really a £40 case in my opinion.

P.S. Lian Li really are a few steps up on Fractal, quality wise.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fractal Design Define R3 would fit the bill perfectly.

More case can be added to improve the relatively average yet silent cooling performance.

Associate
As already commented, subtle = Lian Li or Fractal.

Lian Li for build quality, Fractal for price (and also painted interiors for cheap).

Associate
OP
I'm happy to spend the money if the quality is there, I dont think the 300 would wokr through, as mentioned its a full size motherbaord with a 5870 in it, the card itself is just under 30cm long

Associate
OP
hmm, nah that thing is ugly :p

I was thinking the B24FB (lian li) is a nice compromise, it has plenty of fans etc. and it seems to be nicely insulted for noise. no garish LED's on the outside either

Associate
Some good ones mentioned already, but at a lower price the Bitfenix Shinobi is quite an attractive case. Also look at the Corsair 650D and Silverstone FT02.

Associate
If you are seriously thinking about Lian Li's then discount the Fractal completely. Having had 2 fractals and several LL cases I'm certain that if you do buy a Fractal you will wish you'd bought the LL.

Saying that, and admitting at the same time that I am a huge LL fan, I would also really like to own that Silverstone FT02 at some stage.

P.S. Have you considered a Lian Li TYR case?

Back
Top Bottom