• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Official 5830 Thread!

Soldato
OP
If you CF the idle speeds remain at 157/300 (I think), not sure about multi monitors though. From memory the idle speeds will be 400 core and the memory doesn't drop, so 1025 for most, 1050 for the Powercolor users.

I needs me a new case. Now its summer my little Antec 300 is getting toasty with 2 Powercolor 5830s and a 965BE in there. Had to take all my overclocking off and I'm still getting mad high temps. (75C GPUs and 55C CPU).

Soldato
OP
So then, who's still running these? My crossfire setup is still working, I'm planning on keeping them until they start to struggle. Not gonna happen for a good while by the looks of it so far!

Soldato
i have literally just bought 2 for £100....first one just been put in the machine now and downloading latest drivers, other being delivered tomorrow :)

have 2 sapphire units, 1 is the xtreme and one is the none, but tbf i most likely will run them at stock anyways

Soldato
OP
Anyone still using these? All I play is Minecraft really now but my pair do a pretty good job of running it. :p

I've just bought another 28" monitor though so might well buy another so I can play some Eyefinity goodness. Doubt very much that it'll run Crysis at 5760x1200...

Soldato
OP
Anyone else still running their 5830s? One of mine is playing silly now. :(

Just running one for the foreseeable future, but will be sad to see them go. My first "proper" graphics cards and first crossfire setup.

Back
Top Bottom