A heads up for 650D owners

Associate
I'm about to get this case.
One minor flaw will not stop me, especially if a fix is on the way

I wouldn't let it stop you, I got one of these cases the other day and it included the kit despite not being advertised as such. Imagine all new ones have it included or the retailer chucks it in too.

As I wasn't certain if mine would include one and didn't want to have to mess around after building my new machine I ordered one from Corsair. Can be done via their website for free. I ordered it on the 25th and it arrived on the 26th! Shipped from Netherlands by the looks of it. Have to say that is awesome service from Corsair!

EDIT: Oops, didn't check carefully enough and have just seen it was the repair kit not the controller. Seems a little daft that they would send out a repair kit instead of the controller at this stage, gonna request one via [H] forums anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
Evoss if you find out can you kindly let us know? I'm soon upgrading and seriously looking at this case.

Associate
Evoss if you find out can you kindly let us know? I'm soon upgrading and seriously looking at this case.

Will do, Ill keep it posted in this thread.

On topic of the fan controller replacements, I got this email in today.

Hi Ross,

We can send you the new linear fan controller. Please reply with your shipping address. We should receive the stock by early next week. Thank you.

Regards,
Kelvin D.

Will update when it arrives,

Evoss

Associate
No, case is as of yet to be obtained. If my case comes with the faulty fan controller I will use it, if not I will let my mate have it.

Is that reply from Corsair then? I really want this case but want to make sure that these issues are sorted before getting it and want to make certain that the versions that OCUK are the ones with 2 x USB 3.0 (which I apparently cant get a straight answer to :mad:)

Associate
Is that reply from Corsair then? I really want this case but want to make sure that these issues are sorted before getting it and want to make certain that the versions that OCUK are the ones with 2 x USB 3.0 (which I apparently cant get a straight answer to :mad:)

Im here for you :)

To your first question: Yes, the reply is from Corsair.

To your second question: All Corsair 650Ds come with USB 3.0 on the front panel. (make sure your motherboard supports USB 3.0)

This thread is about the fan controller located on top of the case. Original models gave of a noise off at low settings. The new ones have a -1 in their model number. This is most peoples concerns when ordering this case.

To contact Overclockers regarding if they have the new models of the 650D create a WebNote or call them on: 0871 200 5052

Hope this helps,

Evoss

Associate
Im here for you :)

To your first question: Yes, the reply is from Corsair.

To your second question: All Corsair 650Ds come with USB 3.0 on the front panel. (make sure your motherboard supports USB 3.0)

This thread is about the fan controller located on top of the case. Original models gave of a noise off at low settings. The new ones have a -1 in their model number. This is most peoples concerns when ordering this case.

To contact Overclockers regarding if they have the new models of the 650D create a WebNote or call them on: 0871 200 5052

Hope this helps,

Evoss

Cheers. I am aware of the newer models having -1 but no models that I can find in the UK online seem to have this including OCUK (or places havent updated their websites!).

Also does anyone know if the linear fan controller replaces the fan fix kit completely or is it to be used in conjunction with it.

Associate
^ I believe it is the fan controller from the -1 models, but I am not 100% sure. If someone can clarify, much appreciated.

Sorry I should have been a little clearer. Does the linear fan controller which replaces the original fan controller do away with the need for the fan fix kit or is it to be used in conjunction with the fan fix kit.

Associate
The fan controller fix (the one I will be receiving) replaces the original one. Unscrew the old one, replace with new one:

This one:
img05251.jpg

Back
Top Bottom