Wii U

Soldato
I think the majority of PS3/360 games are upscaled, I think he might be talking about native resolution.

PS3 can output at full HD at 60FPS not upscaled, pretty sure the 360 can aswell.
Not seen a reason for me to buy this in 12-18 months or so time, why would spend my cash to play pretty much the same game months after i can on my other HD consoles? I wanted to see something that blew the PS3/360 graphically out of this gen, havent seen that at all as yet. Conference remind me quite a bit of last years one, talk about new hardware, show loads of third party devs saying how awesome it is, show "footage" of all these cool third party games. This years E3 has only been classic in how bad certain parts have been im hoping MS and Sony have held stuff back for GC and TGS

Soldato
all i saw in the conference is tablet controller and that's it.

It seems that the controller offers so much that it took most of the presentation to talk about it. Nintendo has always been about game play rather than console stats.

What I want to know is how many of these tablet controllers can be used on Wii-U, no mention of that. I mean, you can only have 1 Wii balance board on a Wii.

Soldato
PS3 can output at full HD at 60FPS not upscaled, pretty sure the 360 can aswell.
Not seen a reason for me to buy this in 12-18 months or so time, why would spend my cash to play pretty much the same game months after i can on my other HD consoles? I wanted to see something that blew the PS3/360 graphically out of this gen, havent seen that at all as yet. Conference remind me quite a bit of last years one, talk about new hardware, show loads of third party devs saying how awesome it is, show "footage" of all these cool third party games. This years E3 has only been classic in how bad certain parts have been im hoping MS and Sony have held stuff back for GC and TGS

PS3 can but VERY few games are native at full 1080p

same with 360

even GT5 is someweird pseudo 1080p mode 1280x1080 or something-which is stictly 1080p -but a bit of a cheat IMO

some games on 360/PS3 aren't stictly even in HD !!

console doesn't look great tome - imagine that controller in an average family room-would last 1 week with my 6 yr and 3 yr old!!

Caporegime

Yup I was discussing it with a friend just now and he pulled up a list of the current console games that are natively 1080p so the Wii U being able to output at 1080p doesn't really impress me at all, what I saw of it just now was pretty underwhelming if I'm honest. The tech demo was nice to look at, but I wasn't truly amazed, it's something that looked nice by the current console standards, but nothing that made my jaw drop to the floor. I was much more impressed with what I saw of the Sony Vita. When the next generation of Microsoft and Sony consoles come out the Nintendo console is probably going to be left behind technically yet again.

Soldato
Yup I was discussing it with a friend just now and he pulled up a list of the current console games that are natively 1080p so the Wii U being able to output at 1080p doesn't really impress me at all, what I saw of it just now was pretty underwhelming if I'm honest. The tech demo was nice to look at, but I wasn't truly amazed, it's something that looked nice by the current console standards, but nothing that made my jaw drop to the floor. I was much more impressed with what I saw of the Sony Vita. When the next generation of Microsoft and Sony consoles come out the Nintendo console is probably going to be left behind technically yet again.

link ? :)

not many games are 1080p ?

not AAA titles anyway, Battlefield, MW2 etc etc

Soldato
Yup I was discussing it with a friend just now and he pulled up a list of the current console games that are natively 1080p so the Wii U being able to output at 1080p doesn't really impress me at all, what I saw of it just now was pretty underwhelming if I'm honest. The tech demo was nice to look at, but I wasn't truly amazed, it's something that looked nice by the current console standards, but nothing that made my jaw drop to the floor. I was much more impressed with what I saw of the Sony Vita.

Point i was making is that they can do it, all we know is that ryu can output the same res not saying it will do but it can do,

Soldato
I find difference graphics wise PC to 360 REALLY jarring

but after 30 mins or so you enjoy the game still just poorer in graphics/res

go from 1900x1200 16xAA to 1280x600 with little AA and its ..uuuurrrgh

Soldato

either he made up the list or that list only included a few indie titles with poor graphics that actually run at 1080p. I doubt you have ever played any of these titles so it is something new for you and most console gamers and you should be impressed.

Associate
http://pubvo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/prcspec13iu.jpg

Specification...

Much more powerful than PS3 and 360.

Which foundry has 32nm bulk for graphics chip- nobody? Unless they went to GF and used SOI which doesn't really make any sense.

Anyway GPU/CPU power is becoming less and less important. If it's 2-3 times more powerful than the 360 it will hardly be noticeable. If the next gen Xbox is 5 times more powerful than WiiU it won't be all that noticeable either. We are at a stage when dev's can port amazing looking PC titles to 5-6 year old hardware and the different isn't all that apparent even though the consoles have only 1/10th of the power.

On the console itself- seems a bit of a risk but so was the Wii and that turned out just fine for Nintendo's bank balance!

I don't think that the size/weight will be an issue. The difference between this and a tablet is that one will be holding this with both hands 90% of the time, unlike a tablet. Go hold a ~500g book(hardback programming book in front of me is 800 pages and 1.7kg's) in both hands and see easy it is.

Back
Top Bottom