***The iOS 5 Thread***

Soldato
Noticed a couple of bits.... I like that it now shows how much space is being used by each app within Settings > General > Usage
Also like how you can choose what type of notification is shown for each app. So you can set the classic modal type popups for certain things (say, SMS) and have the new style notification for something else, or turn them off all together. Can also choose what appears in the lock screen etc (and yes, thank god you can turn off the pointless stock ticker).
New grid overlay option for the camera (at least I think its new?)
iPod app is now pointlessly split into 2 'apps', Videos and Music.
The new 'purchased' menu within the App Store is brilliant. Well overdue!!

(Bug) Swiping down from the status bar to show the notification pane also causes whatever you were viewing beneath to scroll up to the very top just like when you tap the status bar on iOS 4 or lower
(Bug) Trying to change wallpaper doesn't work for me first time. Takes 2 or 3 goes then makes the device run slow for a minute or two

Any chance of a few screen grabs of the popup/notification settings? Interested in seeing the layout....email in trust if you'd prefer.

Soldato
Would love to be able to beta test this but don't have my UDID registered and doubt I would trust a 3rd party company to do so. Will be dev registered once I can afford a MBP for iOS dev work which I'm aiming to get in to :(

One thing I read is that you can create albums directly from the camera roll (aka photo albums+ from cydia) - can anyone confirm this? Seems like a big thing to me that many people haven't mentioned as it bugs the hell out of me having to synch it from iTunes.

New camera options are of interest as well as I use my iPhone quite a lot for photography.

Caporegime
There's a big Android update out in a few months, I wonder how iOS 5 will look then. As at the moment Apple have just copied Android and jailbroken apps with a bare minimum of originality.

Of course the general public that think iPhone is the be and end all will think everything is original and exciting.

Trololololol :rolleyes:

L33

L33

Permabanned
Any chance of a few screen grabs of the popup/notification settings? Interested in seeing the layout....email in trust if you'd prefer.
Sure :)

img0848.png

img0849.png

Permabanned
Hooray you can use banners instead of them horrible badges. :cool:

Trololololol :rolleyes:

How? Everything I said was true, are you saying Apple didn't lift most these ideas from Android and jailbroken applications? Very silly if so.

I don't get the rage. Companies copy each other. Moving on.

Edit: I'm looking forward to the inevitable Android copy of some of the iOS 5 stuff, there's a minor thing I want with the notification bar, ability to close individual notifications instead of just clearing them all, although mostly I just want the camera button on lock screen from WP7.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm a paid developer so I have access to it, but I am still unsure on putting it on my iPad 2. It works well on my iPhone 4, but i am a bit concerned about the battery life.

Permabanned
Got it installed on iphone 4 and ipad 2 wifi so far notifications working great on iphone but not on ipad 2 useing same programs

Soldato
Turn off wifi and ur battery life goes really well. Mines def better now.

If anyone wants a UDID registered, drop be a mail in trust - I would like a small payment to cover my costs of the dev account - only something small.

Soldato
So I've had a friend tell me that they are running the Beta on their iphone 4 and that there are widgets in it? Can someone confirm if there are widgets (like on Android) in this??

Associate
So I've had a friend tell me that they are running the Beta on their iphone 4 and that there are widgets in it? Can someone confirm if there are widgets (like on Android) in this??

Only two widgets available now are the stock market and local weather

Associate
Friend had his phone added to someones Dev account but after installing itunes is saying it's not registered on a dev account, he's used the same person i did and mine is working fine, is there anything we can try ? or has the guy just ran off with the money saying it's been done ?

Soldato
When your UDID is registered what does this mean? Will you be classed as a developer forever? Could they eventually fix this which would mean my iPhone is constantly in a state of 5.0 beta? :p

Back
Top Bottom