BenQ G2420HDBL (LED Backlit) or BenQ G2420HD

Associate
Guys, I've just bought THIS LG E2350V LED Monitor and it's ******* brilliant.
It's 23" so it's huge, especially when I'm sitting only about 12"-24" away, super clear, really perfect whites and great contrast, really quick and responsive, nice stand and nice touch sensitive interface for messing with the special features like cinema mode and f engine enhancements
i really cannot fault it, it's the best monitor i've ever seen, only owned a couple but seen plenty including big dells and Mac screens and this is the most impressive display i've seen. thanks ocuk <3

Associate
benq g2420hdbl

just got this monitor today 24 inch, and ive been looking at peoples differant setups for color etc, the truth is im not up on setting up monitors its usually plug and paly for me, i fidn the monitor bright but not as much to have to reduce to below 70, what im looking for is a simple setup for my colors and anythign else that will help better visuals from my monitor.

Just now i have brightness; 80, contrast 50, sharpness 5, and is on game mode, although it looks good to me, im not 100% sure im using it to its best ability.

Associate
just got this monitor today 24 inch, and ive been looking at peoples differant setups for color etc, the truth is im not up on setting up monitors its usually plug and paly for me, i fidn the monitor bright but not as much to have to reduce to below 70, what im looking for is a simple setup for my colors and anythign else that will help better visuals from my monitor.

Just now i have brightness; 80, contrast 50, sharpness 5, and is on game mode, although it looks good to me, im not 100% sure im using it to its best ability.

I think what PhillyDee is saying is spot on, if it works for you then it's fine, for example i tried everyone' setting on here with my new one and to be honest i hated them right now i'm running the following:
Mode: Standard
Brightness: 30
Contract: 41
Sharpness: 3
Red: 100
Green: 98
Blue: 100

My advice to people would be go through the whole thread write donw other peoples setting then try them yourself in different light conditions and see what suits you best, having done that then play with it yourself and see if you come up with something different, but the key is pick what suits your eyes after all what i like i'm sure others will hate, swings and roundabouts come to mind.

All1

Associate
Hey everyone im thinking of getting the G2420HD version as I need a HDMI connection - Is this monitor still worth it / what are your thoughts?
Will be used for gaming.

Associate
Quick question about the G2420HDBL.

I've had mine over a year now and it works great - love it. I'm looking at buying a 2nd one to run dual screens but I'm a bit woried that the picture quality might be different, not better or worse just different. Just that I brought a samsung 21.5" screen ages ago, and then 6 months later brought another one but the picture (even with identical settings) were quite different.

Do you reckon having dual screens that are over a year apart will show differently between the two?

Soldato
This is exactly why I tell people (and stress the point in all of my reviews) that you can't just copy somebody's settings and expect an identical performance on your own monitor. Likewise you can't tell exactly how a monitor will perform based on another sample; there is inter-unit variation that exists on pretty much all mainstream monitors. You can overcome this by having a patient fiddle with the OSDs and rebalancing colour, brightness and contrast for example. Further refinement can be achieved on the desktop and colour-aware applications by running a software-based calibration through Windows 7 or using a colorimeter to create ICC profiles.

Even then there is slight age-based variation and you can't just set and forget. Fortunately LED-backlit montors tend to age more gracefully. I reckon if you are prepared to do a little fiddling you'll get the picture pretty similar on both.

Associate
Hi!

I just bought this great screen, the LED versión.

I'll post my config, which gives a great colour and amazing deep black colour.

75 Brightness
55 Contrast
5 Sharpness

Colour: User
-----
NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL:

DigitalVibrance 59%
GAMMA 0,85

P.S. I have noticed a bug in my screen. In the left side, i can see a dark vertical line. Should i use de warranty?

pantalla-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom