** Summer Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
It depends.

If you're good at something, you should try and get as much for what you do as you can.

I think it depends upon the person, I'm not sure you can be quite so general about what a person should and shouldnt try for. I consider myself (and past employers seem to have, given they offered me promotions (which I refused)) as very good at what I do, but I'm not interested in getting as much as I can for it, I'm just interested in having fun doing it and enjoying what I do.

Soldato
I think it depends upon the person, I'm not sure you can be quite so general about what a person should and shouldnt try for. I consider myself (and past employers seem to have, given they offered me promotions (which I refused)) as very good at what I do, but I'm not interested in getting as much as I can for it, I'm just interested in having fun doing it and enjoying what I do.

I think this is more a case of being over-valued at what you do though. This player is being asked to return to "his level" after Liverpool giving him the contract of a far better player.

As an aside you are a terrible example of every point im trying to make!!! :D:D

Man of Honour
I think this is more a case of being over-valued at what you do though. This player is being asked to return to "his level" after Liverpool giving him the contract of a far better player.

As an aside you are a terrible example of every point im trying to make!!! :D:D

Hehe, in the modern world I am a bad example of a human being ! :D

I always seem to have a different attitude to things to everyone else. I'd agree though that its a case of him being overvalued initially and now being asked to return to the appropriate level.

Caporegime
OP

Why not get as much money as you can for something your good at and enjoy?

It's all relative I agree but still, if a footballer is good enough, he'll be paid more, okay, some teams do fly in the face of this paying average players high wages and young players high wages, but still.

If you're a valued member of the first team, a key player in FM terms :p, you have more potential to earn more.

Soldato
Hehe, in the modern world I am a bad example of a human being ! :D

I always seem to have a different attitude to things to everyone else. I'd agree though that its a case of him being overvalued initially and now being asked to return to the appropriate level.

Its going to sound daft now but i actually dont value money that highly. I have been poor and also quite comfy and i dont think i changed as a person either way.

However it just hacks me off when i see people speak about footballers as if they should have no regard for money because they have a relative large amount of it.

Man of Honour
Why not get as much money as you can for something your good at and enjoy?

It's all relative I agree but still, if a footballer is good enough, he'll be paid more, okay, some teams do fly in the face of this paying average players high wages and young players high wages, but still.

If you're a valued member of the first team, a key player in FM terms :p, you have more potential to earn more.

Because more money generally comes with more responsibility and I find that having more responsibility reduces my enjoyment, hence why I turned down promotions. If I can enjoy something more if it means less money, then I take the enjoyment over the money. Money just doesnt float my boat as it were. I'm just not much of a materialist.

Though I think maybe we've moved more into a philosophical discussion of what a person should and shouldnt do than a footballing one :)

Caporegime
OP
Money isn't everything I agree.

I imagine that as a professional footballer thought it's a little different, given how wages are, I think you'd be pretty daft to settle for 20k a week when you could be playing at a higher level for maybe ~60k a week.

I don't think loyalty or anything like that comes in to it, earn as much as you can as a footballer as they have fairly short careers in the game (as a player) I don't begrudge players getting paid a lot, I dislike the system which has created it though.

Soldato
Because more money generally comes with more responsibility and I find that having more responsibility reduces my enjoyment, hence why I turned down promotions. If I can enjoy something more if it means less money, then I take the enjoyment over the money. Money just doesnt float my boat as it were. I'm just not much of a materialist.

Though I think maybe we've moved more into a philosophical discussion of what a person should and shouldnt do than a footballing one :)

As a footballer your fudamental job will always be "playing football" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom