** Summer Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I actually dont mind that video, its the times when he should be passing the ball but keeps it, loses it by trying to beat one man too many then throws himself to the ground in a hugely theatrical fashion that bugs me.

Caporegime
Nani doesnt just love to beat a man, he loves to beat two and then go for a second round on them both.

Instead of crossing it in early, he delays and you can see the steikers having to reshuffle in the box, losing any advantage they had from momentum running in there. But givn that we have next to no height in the box, i dont even begin to understand why we want to buy so many wingers.Centre midfield has to need more work than defence and wide players but we seem to be spending in less priority areas.

Soldato
I actually dont mind that video, its the times when he should be passing the ball but keeps it, loses it by trying to beat one man too many then throws himself to the ground in a hugely theatrical fashion that bugs me.

I guess its ok when you're 4-0 but like you said, he does hold the ball too long. Valancia is a classic winger, run down the side and cross it. Rooney got so many goals in 09/10 from AV.

Soldato
I guess its ok when you're 4-0 but like you said, he does hold the ball too long. Valancia is a classic winger, run down the side and cross it. Rooney got so many goals in 09/10 from AV.

Valencia assisted with 6 of Rooneys goals that season in all comps, Nani assisted with 5, despite being played out of position and being constantly dropped.

Valenica will never get as many assists and goals as Nani has just had in a season from the right if he plays to be a hundred.

Last edited:
Soldato
Valencia assisted with 6 of Rooneys goals that season in all comps, Nani assisted with 5, despite being played out of position and being constantly dropped.

Valenica will never get as many assists and goals as Nani has in a season from the right if he plays to be a hundred.

But at the same time Valencia will never waste as many opportunities as Nani.

Soldato
but at the same time Valencia can't cross as well, dribble as well or score as well. The only thing Valencia is better at is defending and work rate.

I would rather have Valencias work rate and defending while only putting in a couple of crosses in a game than Nanis dribbling, getting into 10 situations where he COULD put in decent crosses but only actually putting in a couple.

Man of Honour
So in terms of transfers we've all heard the excuse 'he's on his last year of the contract' to justify why a player may leave for cheaper than expected.

How does that work exactly? A potential buyer comes in and usually these days at least matches a player's current wages. Why is the selling club reimbursed for a greater amount? Are they liable for the money owed to the player even though all 3 parties have agreed to his current contract being terminated early?

Soldato
lololoollolololol

euorsport said:
Comment From Mr. Smith
Goodmorning Mr. Eurosport, Is ther any news about Benzema(Real Madrid),or Higuan(Real Madrid joining Arsenal? I think Benzema will be Arsenal's new Thierry Henry.

Eurosport:
Jose Mourinho declared both of those two "non-transferable" earlier this month: "We all agree on Higuain and Benzema: we want to keep them.

Soldato
So in terms of transfers we've all heard the excuse 'he's on his last year of the contract' to justify why a player may leave for cheaper than expected.

How does that work exactly? A potential buyer comes in and usually these days at least matches a player's current wages. Why is the selling club reimbursed for a greater amount? Are they liable for the money owed to the player even though all 3 parties have agreed to his current contract being terminated early?

Its simply the threat of a player leaving for nothing.

Nasri as it stands can negotiate a contract with another club in January. Arsenal either agree a new contract now, sell him now, or accept that he will do this in January.

The buying club know they can get him for no fee in a year so naturally will not offer as much as if he was in the middle of a 5 year contract. They know that Arsenal would rather pocket a few million now than get nothing in a year.

In the case of Nasri its Hobsons Choice for Arsenal, be stubborn and lose him (possibly to United) in a year for nothing or be seen to accept a bid from one of their rivals in order to get some cash for him.

Soldato
LOL people are talking seriously about Nani being used as a sweetener in a Sneijder deal? who started that debate.... oh never mind :o

Loving the rumours about LFC going back in for Jones only for him to turn them down a second time, already this lad has got off to a great start to his United career :p

Soldato
Rumours last night were that we'll complete the deal today :)

With him and potentially De Gea we really have the entire defence sorted for anything up to a decade.

However if De Gea is successful i gaurantee we will be facing a Ronaldo situation every single summer with him linked to a big-money move back to Spain.

Soldato
LOL people are talking seriously about Nani being used as a sweetener in a Sneijder deal? who started that debate.... oh never mind :o

Loving the rumours about LFC going back in for Jones only for him to turn them down a second time, already this lad has got off to a great start to his United career :p

Who started the rumour about Nani- the Sun or somebody? Ive read it from numerous sites for the last few days but probably all originating from the same (unnamed) source

While Nani had a good 3-4 months of the season, he also sat out majority of the last 6 weeks or so - and with Young and possibly Nasri coming in, there is potential for Nani to leave (especially if a known target's club, even if unlikley, could be persauded by getting Nani in return).

Sounds like Utd have been forced to pay £20.5m for Jones - but this sum has been accepted by the Indians, and so this deal should be formally announced inside 48 hours (I believe the deal has been agreed over Saturday night , and Jones's agent has confirmed it).....but early reports can be misleading admittedly

I'm loving the rumour that you've had to up your offer because of our bid :D

More likely so that Utd can push this one through and get on with sorting out other targets (rather than being delayed with legal goings on) - after all is £4m really a big deal to any of the top teams these days?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom