Graduates in here... Let's give ourselves a pat on the back!

Qu3

Qu3

Associate
Wonder if his company car is a tank? If not that H is looking a little pointless at the moment.

Left uni, not got grades back but got a job already and on the carrer path.. Uni looking like a good idea at the moment..

Associate
a 2:2 means you won't be able to apply for the big companies you'd apply for and not get if you got a low 2:1 ;) Really though, might take a bit more blagging on your very first interview but I wouldn't worry about it. 3 years experience and you can do anything.

Associate
Who's got their grades back? What did you study? What are your plans now you've finished?

Merit here, Diploma in Architecture. Job lined up in London.

Woop!

Nice, done all 7 years I take it, or do you still need the last 12 months of experience?

I get my part 1 results on Friday, which I'm mildly optimistic about. Still bricking it though :o

Man of Honour
I bet you also hate gays and shout at the telly when Jeremy Kyle is on..

I wouldn't necessarily judge someone just because they shout at the telly while Jeremy Kyle is on, I happen to think a dislike of the smug little twonk is a perfectly rational response. On the days when I'm not working I solve this by not watching him but I don't think the reaction itself when faced with such an unfortunate situation as watching him is wrong.

Anyway, good luck to all those awaiting their degree results and for those who've received them I hope they're what you wanted.

Associate
As long as its in a good degree I wouldnt worry too much, a 2:2 will get you where ever you want to go :)

KaHn

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to end up with a 2:2 in maths (results due mid July) and if I do I'll be struggling to get a job despite having a year placement in central government, which most maths grads wont have. Everything worth looking at insists on you having a 2:1. After that you're just applying for jobs that'll have any generic degree thus driving competition to ridiculous levels. Only luck I think I'll have is finding poorly advertised jobs where competition is limited if I do get a 2:2. I really wish I hadn't screwed up my first 2 exams, not even sure what went wrong on the second of the 2 I just sort of froze, crisis of confidence after the first I think.

Soldato
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to end up with a 2:2 in maths (results due mid July) and if I do I'll be struggling to get a job despite having a year placement in central government, which most maths grads wont have. Everything worth looking at insists on you having a 2:1. After that you're just applying for jobs that'll have any generic degree thus driving competition to ridiculous levels. Only luck I think I'll have is finding poorly advertised jobs where competition is limited if I do get a 2:2. I really wish I hadn't screwed up my first 2 exams, not even sure what went wrong on the second of the 2 I just sort of froze, crisis of confidence after the first I think.

I've always seen it as a cop out, those who say the degree qualification will hold them back. You just need to apply your self more face to face, you'll just need to get to recruitment fairs more to meat the people :)

KaHn

Associate
I've always seen it as a cop out, those who say the degree qualification will hold them back. You just need to apply your self more face to face, you'll just need to get to recruitment fairs more to meat the people :)

KaHn

ermmm isn't the fact that you have to apply yourself more in comparison to someone with a 1st technically holding you back to a certain degree :p . Though I agree with the point you've made but your degree classification will limit what you can apply for. I've been doing ok at interviews so far but keep getting trumped by those with more experience or ****ing physicists (I now hate them with a passion). Having not got my results I can just say I have a 2:1 (expected) just to get through the application form stage and then you can actually project yourself and show your skills. However once you have that degree you can't do this and thus you are stumped before you can get face to face on some jobs. This is what I mean about being disadvantaged by it as you're stopped right at the beginning of the process where you've had no chance to get your talents across thus making it quite easy for them to turn you down. I've been trying to get around this by applying to as much as I can before results to try and get interviews in in case the worse happens, of course not everyone can do this as some have their results already. With the increased competition at the moment the last thing anyone needs is something else holding them back.

Soldato
BTW left school at 16, been on 2 operational tours, kosovo, Iraq, sniper trained, have H on my licence for tanks, done Buck house, St james palace, and windsor castle, lived in Germany for 5 years, can drive a class 1 truck, now a manager at a bank call center, have a kid on the way, university? you mean those people who roll out of pubs and scratch peoples cars at two in the morning? people wit absolutley no common sense whatsoever, my twin sister also left school at 16 and she holds a manager position with the council earning £££££ alan sugar, left school at 16... the list is endless, you wonder why the government is hiking the prices for uni? its because your all sackless, drunken, thick, good-for-nothings who will end up stacking shelves and smoking drugs. sorry .

cool story bro........

Soldato
ermmm isn't the fact that you have to apply yourself more in comparison to someone with a 1st technically holding you back to a certain degree :p . Though I agree with the point you've made but your degree classification will limit what you can apply for. I've been doing ok at interviews so far but keep getting trumped by those with more experience or ****ing physicists (I now hate them with a passion). Having not got my results I can just say I have a 2:1 (expected) just to get through the application form stage and then you can actually project yourself and show your skills. However once you have that degree you can't do this and thus you are stumped before you can get face to face on some jobs. This is what I mean about being disadvantaged by it as you're stopped right at the beginning of the process where you've had no chance to get your talents across thus making it quite easy for them to turn you down. I've been trying to get around this by applying to as much as I can before results to try and get interviews in in case the worse happens, of course not everyone can do this as some have their results already. With the increased competition at the moment the last thing anyone needs is something else holding them back.

In a way yes, but what I'm saying is that a 2:2 isn't the end.

KaHn

Back
Top Bottom