Graduates in here... Let's give ourselves a pat on the back!

Associate
Well done grads!!!!

A 2:2 from a crap Uni got me on a grad scheme for a large bank with only 7 other people for the year.

There's hope for me yet it seems, hold on..... how long ago was this? You're not like one of them ancient posters are you? :p . It's always reassuring to hear these sort of stories in case things go **** up.

Got my provisionals back yesterday and got a 1st in Accounting & Finance :D

Heres hoping the external examiners don't mark me down.

Well done matey, good result in a good subject there.

Soldato
BTW left school at 16, been on 2 operational tours, kosovo, Iraq, sniper trained, have H on my licence for tanks, done Buck house, St james palace, and windsor castle, lived in Germany for 5 years, can drive a class 1 truck, now a manager at a bank call center, have a kid on the way, university? you mean those people who roll out of pubs and scratch peoples cars at two in the morning? people wit absolutley no common sense whatsoever, my twin sister also left school at 16 and she holds a manager position with the council earning £££££ alan sugar, left school at 16... the list is endless, you wonder why the government is hiking the prices for uni? its because your all sackless, drunken, thick, good-for-nothings who will end up stacking shelves and smoking drugs. sorry .

Exactly! Who needs these "good-for-nothing" doctors, engineers and accountants? Everyone should just leave school at 16, join the army and learn to drive a tank - then the world will soon become a paradise.

Soldato
OP
Nice, done all 7 years I take it, or do you still need the last 12 months of experience?

I get my part 1 results on Friday, which I'm mildly optimistic about. Still bricking it though :o

6 years:)

3 years undergrad, 1 year out, 2 years diploma. I'll have to do my part 3 soon but I'm going to have a bit of a break from academic life in the meantime!

Good you're optimistic:) It's not so bad. What uni are you at?

Soldato
Not got my marks yet (End of march hand in, damn I <3 bureaucracy), but should be on for a 2:1. My second year was capped @ 40% (retook it due to having far too much of a social life :() which drags it down a lot, need 70+ in all my final year modules to get a 2:1, feelsbadman. CompSysEng.

Already got a job lined up doing set top box middleware anyway, looking forward to getting some dollar bills thought I already despise the amount of money government takes from me!

Associate
6 years:)

3 years undergrad, 1 year out, 2 years diploma. I'll have to do my part 3 soon but I'm going to have a bit of a break from academic life in the meantime!

Good you're optimistic:) It's not so bad. What uni are you at?

I'm at Newcastle, finished on the 6th of June but I've had to do a few more presentations since then with the graduation project. Always good fun!!

I'm sick of academic life as well, this course does tend to take it out of you somewhat. Really looking forward to next year, if I can find a practice :o

Soldato
got a masters 2.1 in civil engineering, start work as a graduate structural engineer up in aberdeen for an oil and gas consultancy. Pretty happy!

Well done to others and good luck!

Soldato
Just got mine, 2:1 in Applied Information Technology. Very happy as i thought i had ballsed up my last semester, was expecting less than a 2:2 , I did my whole disertation in a month, NEVER AGAIN

Man of Honour
got a masters 2.1 in civil engineering, start work as a graduate structural engineer up in aberdeen for an oil and gas consultancy. Pretty happy!

Well done to others and good luck!

That's fantastic! Well done! :)

I really hope the outlook for graduate jobs improves by the time I start/leave uni!

Soldato
Not got my marks yet but really hoping for a "merit": roughly equivalent to a 2:1 for me MEng Hons.

My project went really well, but exams were harder than expected.

Associate
For non integrated masters it something like this

Distinction is a First
Merit is a 2:1
Pass is a 2:2

Anything less than, you fail.

Back
Top Bottom