Is this taking the 'distant selling law' a bit too far?

Associate
OP
...I got banned for saying..*looks around..* amazon and the auction site a few months back. saying they had some great bargins for the second hand market. Also for saying a word which isnt classed as a swear word that is used in adverts in daytime tv -_- begins with F and ends in K and father ted says it.. so thaks for the heads up :)

adamknox, have you looked up the Panasonic solus stores and Pana dealers in your area?

8 Clifton Down Shopping Centre, Whiteladies Road
BS8 2NN Bristol
Tel: 0117 973 0404

Unit MU01A, Willow Brook Centre
BS32 8EF Bristol
Tel: 01454 618703

Unit 13 County Walk Shopping Centre
TA1 3TZ TAUNTON
Tel: 01823 284000

While i couldnt find the one of the bristol centers i found the rest. The bristol one was shut when i found it (friday afternoon..madness) and the other didnt have the GT30 or the G30. :(

Richer Sounds
143 Whiteladies Road,
Bristol, BS8 2QB
TEL: 0333 900 0024

:)

:D:D TY!! i was on that road and didnt see it for some reason.. Ill check it out next time im there :D

Associate
OP
they will only pay if its faulty, amazon made a mistake or its an elligible item of shoes or clothing.

You cannot get amazon to pay the return costs on a 42" TV because you changed your mind.

This is exactly the reason we have so much trouble returning faulty stuff when we're genuine. Because so many try to claim its faulty when its not just to get free postage and a refund because they changed their mind.

Strange I have sent back three things to amazon in the last 2 years and each time they paid the postage.. the first was a 5.1 sound system, and second was a a pair of shoes and the third was a Samsung TV (the samsung was about 3 weeks back) Maybe i was just lucky??

Also i sent my old 32 inch flatscreen (13Kg) to my friend who lives in london. It cost £5.99 using hermes.

EDIT: Just checked my refund invoice and i had nothing deducted.

You may have to click on it to get a full screen, I wanted to get as much in to show it wasnt photoshopped etc.

We had the shipping refunded early as we paid for 24 hours and it was guarenteed the next day yet it arrived 2 days later.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
No? Paid for postage to here £8.99 (which you ignore as it didnt arrive in time so i would have got a refund on it anyway) paid for tv £457. Refunded 457. So ive ended up with 457. Which means they didnt change me for sending the item back. Ive checked on my E banking and the 457 was paid in to the bank in full Nothing taked out of it for postage back.

If you look at the shipping date and the postage refund date you will see what i mean.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nope, they linked me to DHL, where i then arranged a time for a pick up + got a label to print off. Like i say that was the 3rd item i sent back with them using the DSR and they paided the posateg on this and the other two. Lol i dunno how else to prove that they pay (well..for me anyway :S ) return postage on DSR. If you know of a way let me know and ill happily prove it some more lol

Caporegime
sounds like this comes under the "when amazon makes an error" stipulation.

Generally speaking, if you ring them up and telll them you've changed your mind, you'll have to pay it.

Soldato
I'm sure they did pay, and I'm not surprised as they often do this and just absorb it as they're big enough and want happy customers.

However, I've returned stuff to them at my cost and they can turn around to you and make you do so should they wish. It'd serve you right because doing this massively takes the ****, they won't be able to sell it again so it'll be sold on at a loss to one of those businesses that sell on returns and you've made them pay for a courier twice.

Associate
OP
I'm sure they did pay, and I'm not surprised as they often do this and just absorb it as they're big enough and want happy customers.

However, I've returned stuff to them at my cost and they can turn around to you and make you do so should they wish. It'd serve you right because doing this massively takes the ****, they won't be able to sell it again so it'll be sold on at a loss to one of those businesses that sell on returns and you've made them pay for a courier twice.

Id be happy to pay the postage returns tbh.

Back
Top Bottom