If anyone wants to see why England never win anything...

Soldato
Put on the highlights of the Eng - Canada U17 world cup game which is (supposedly) on Eurosport in about 5 mins. This is our future generation! :z

Without trying to blow my own trumpet, the only two who looked decent were our two (Morgan and Sterling).. the rest, jesus.
And yet another generation with a keeper who cant actually keep, we drew the game 2-2 .. and their keeper scored..from their own half!

Just watch the game, you'l see what i mean.

Permabanned
As long as we keep picking youths for their physical attributes and playing to win at young ages with long balls up to the fast or tall kid up front, the longer we won't be able to compete technically with the world's best.

Man of Honour
How would that be blowing your own trumpet?

You're allowed to compare junior internationals with other junior internationals without being able to do it yourself you know...

Associate
Might get flamed here but as a goalkeeper i'd be absolutely fuming if my centre back let that get past him and bounce. The pitch was very fast post bounce and I'm not making excuses for him but he's extremely young and his CB shafted him, good and proper.

Agree with the posts above on Connor and Sterling, great prospects!

Soldato
The simple reason England are no good anymore is that the influence of foreign managers has led to players being banned from drinking. It's a well known fact that an Englishman can't play football without a belly full of lager FFS! :mad:

Caporegime
Here's a video for those that missed it. I'm amazed their keeper was allowed to push so far up the pitch unchallenged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBbrL0S_9fI (I don't know how to embed YT on here, sorry :))

Embarrassing, the blames lies purely with our keeper for me he got caught in no mans land.

There was a match not long back I think it was the England U19's or 21's where we lead 1-0 and lost to two injury time goals.

Last edited:
Soldato
Embarrassing, the blames lies purely with our keeper for me he got caught in no mans land.

There was a match not long back I think it was the England U19's or 21's where we lead 1-0 and lost to two injury time goals.

Completly disagree with that!

How is it the England keepers fault? Their keeper has walked with the ball from his own area to the halfway line unchallenged by anyone and the CB didnt win the ball in the air :confused:

Back
Top Bottom